RebeccaL
Apr 4, 06:08 PM
The product that Larry reviewed can be found here: http://www.thehishop.com/
They have the back oleo protectors but the front cutout is a single opening and not separate cutouts.
As a side note, when SGP first released their oleophobic protectors they were separate cutouts and somewhere down the line they decided to switch to a single cutout (not sure why).
Thanks for the link.
Now I am confused. You say that SGP first made the oleo protectors with two cuts and then one cut.
Does the current oleos have single or double cut?
They have the back oleo protectors but the front cutout is a single opening and not separate cutouts.
As a side note, when SGP first released their oleophobic protectors they were separate cutouts and somewhere down the line they decided to switch to a single cutout (not sure why).
Thanks for the link.
Now I am confused. You say that SGP first made the oleo protectors with two cuts and then one cut.
Does the current oleos have single or double cut?
Moyank24
Mar 1, 08:13 PM
Congress appears to disagree with the President
You mean, the Republicans appear to disagree with the President.
Shocker.
And as a previous poster said, they are wrong. I'd love to know the marital status' of all of those supporting the DOMA. I wonder how many divorces they have between them.
You mean, the Republicans appear to disagree with the President.
Shocker.
And as a previous poster said, they are wrong. I'd love to know the marital status' of all of those supporting the DOMA. I wonder how many divorces they have between them.
barkomatic
Apr 22, 08:43 AM
So essentially this law is saying the the state government of North Dakota would cease to exist and there would be anarchy. If no one needs to follow laws, that's really what this amendment means.
However, what makes it extra silly is that North Dakota can't secede from the Union, so the residents would still be subject to Federal law. That would spoil the party.
However, what makes it extra silly is that North Dakota can't secede from the Union, so the residents would still be subject to Federal law. That would spoil the party.
atszyman
Jan 10, 12:11 PM
Saw this video a few years ago and always thought it was fake and had nothing to do with Apple.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6379146923853181774&q=apple+touch
Kevin
The correct link is in the quote.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6379146923853181774&q=apple+touch
Kevin
The correct link is in the quote.
more...
taylorwilsdon
Mar 18, 09:15 PM
They can now be purchased online as well in all parts of the country for $249 through AT&T (there's no contract when buying the phone, either), there's a thread about it in the iPhone news forum. So I think that price would be very optimistic, as anyone on here could get one for $249 and have it unlocked in twenty minutes.
Also, if it's a refurb, why does it come in the packaging for new phones? IIRC, refurb iPhones come in brown boxes...
Your best bet is ebay, especially if you want prices like that.
I read this in the last two replies... What are you guys talking about? It IS on ebay - thats what this thread is
Also, if it's a refurb, why does it come in the packaging for new phones? IIRC, refurb iPhones come in brown boxes...
Your best bet is ebay, especially if you want prices like that.
I read this in the last two replies... What are you guys talking about? It IS on ebay - thats what this thread is
chrismacguy
Apr 20, 04:55 PM
Howdy. I have a Logitech G5, Logitech G9, and Razer Lachesis. I love 'em all but none has a Mac driver. :(
Do you use a laser mouse? If so, which do you use?
(I don't game, but the higher sensitivity works nicely for larger screen resolutions and some graphic design)
Thx!
I use a Apple Magic Mouse.. which is a laser mouse, and works fantastically (as youd expect) with Mac OS X.
Do you use a laser mouse? If so, which do you use?
(I don't game, but the higher sensitivity works nicely for larger screen resolutions and some graphic design)
Thx!
I use a Apple Magic Mouse.. which is a laser mouse, and works fantastically (as youd expect) with Mac OS X.
more...
munkery
May 6, 01:34 AM
1. Open Applications → Utilities → Activity Monitor and terminate processes linked to MACDefender.
2. Delete MACDefender from the Applications folder.
3. Check System Preferences → Accounts → Login Items for MAC Defender entry.
4. Run a Spotlight search for "MACDefender" to check for any associated files and remove them if exist. Use this method to fully delete the trojan. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11171082&postcount=16)
2. Delete MACDefender from the Applications folder.
3. Check System Preferences → Accounts → Login Items for MAC Defender entry.
4. Run a Spotlight search for "MACDefender" to check for any associated files and remove them if exist. Use this method to fully delete the trojan. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11171082&postcount=16)
Sdashiki
Nov 24, 12:32 PM
Can you show us the example online?
Not to dissuade you from finding the solution, but what you are describing is a pretty horrendous way to design a final layout.
using PS is part n parcel, but the ol' rollover image swap HTML stuff went out with table layouts.
More than likely you are better off doing your design using CSS/HTML and maybe some JS if you arent happy with what CSS can do for you.
The color inconsistency may have to do with your browser and PS not using colorspaces properly.
Not to dissuade you from finding the solution, but what you are describing is a pretty horrendous way to design a final layout.
using PS is part n parcel, but the ol' rollover image swap HTML stuff went out with table layouts.
More than likely you are better off doing your design using CSS/HTML and maybe some JS if you arent happy with what CSS can do for you.
The color inconsistency may have to do with your browser and PS not using colorspaces properly.
more...
peapody
Jun 20, 10:00 PM
Tried to send you a pm, but your box is full.
Put me in line, if not first in line pending pics. I would like a machine of these specs. Consider me a serious buyer if there is no serious damage.
Put me in line, if not first in line pending pics. I would like a machine of these specs. Consider me a serious buyer if there is no serious damage.
heaven
Feb 16, 02:16 PM
I'm using Firefox and l love it. Try them all out and decide which one you like better! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif
http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/110x32/get.gif (http://www.getfirefox.com)
Enjoy your mac!
http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/110x32/get.gif (http://www.getfirefox.com)
Enjoy your mac!
more...
cb911
Oct 16, 12:45 AM
this story even made it to Slashdot. that's when things really hit the fan.
check the /. article here: http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/09/13/1357202&tid=156&tid=98&tid=8
there's also lots of comments on VersionTracker and MacUpdate, in the comments section of Echelon, i think.
check the /. article here: http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/09/13/1357202&tid=156&tid=98&tid=8
there's also lots of comments on VersionTracker and MacUpdate, in the comments section of Echelon, i think.
Doctor Q
Oct 14, 10:59 PM
I remember cleo and shrek. Does that count?
more...
Cheffy Dave
May 6, 03:05 PM
I suggest the NZXT cooler.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997340
As a former PC builder, I always used Zalman case and CPU fans, that said, we are talking about laptop coolers, of the 3 presented here, I like your choice the best:cool:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997340
As a former PC builder, I always used Zalman case and CPU fans, that said, we are talking about laptop coolers, of the 3 presented here, I like your choice the best:cool:
Reckless
Sep 20, 02:43 AM
Only difference I can see is that the 12"pb now has a shipping date of 2 days whereas yesterday, like all the other size models it was 24 hours.
more...
CalfCanuck
Dec 20, 05:41 PM
Someone was asking about scanner reviews - not too much that's current out there. Many reviews date from the late 90's!! I guess the push to digital cameras killed most of the market.
http://www.bythom.com/coolscanv.htm
I should note that the 4000ED is my third generation dedicated 35mm scanner. I bought a first generation Nikon personal scanner back in 1993. Hard to get a good scan, as it's dynamic range was pretty bad. My second generation was a Polaroid Sprintscan from 1998. Much better, but single feed and still spotty with complicated slides. I bought the Nikon 4000 in 2003 and have been VERY happy with its performance.
http://www.bythom.com/coolscanv.htm
I should note that the 4000ED is my third generation dedicated 35mm scanner. I bought a first generation Nikon personal scanner back in 1993. Hard to get a good scan, as it's dynamic range was pretty bad. My second generation was a Polaroid Sprintscan from 1998. Much better, but single feed and still spotty with complicated slides. I bought the Nikon 4000 in 2003 and have been VERY happy with its performance.
thermodynamic
Apr 23, 05:08 PM
Howdy. I recall reading a terminal option that enables compression of data... but the method is a tad tedious.
Is there a hidden setting, terminal or GUI, that will automatically compress files? Especially for mobile computing where space is more limited, this would be a boon and I could try using my 80GB SSD again to install CS5 and Logic Studio.
Thx!
Is there a hidden setting, terminal or GUI, that will automatically compress files? Especially for mobile computing where space is more limited, this would be a boon and I could try using my 80GB SSD again to install CS5 and Logic Studio.
Thx!
more...
bousozoku
Dec 6, 01:47 PM
While the 17 inch has enough room for such a beast, unless Apple have come up with new ways to cool their machines, and with their G5 experiments, they should have plenty ready, they won't be able to use something more interesting.
It would be nice to see a really amazing, slick machine with really high end portable graphics hardware but Apple will be conservative.
It would be nice to see a really amazing, slick machine with really high end portable graphics hardware but Apple will be conservative.
GGJstudios
May 4, 10:21 AM
The malware uses social engineering to trick users into authenticating installation.
This can't be stressed too strongly. As we've said repeatedly, the malware that exists for Mac OS X can be avoided/thwarted by a user exercising common sense and having some education. The primary weakness of any computer is not the OS being used, but the user. Prudent computer users can't simply install some anti-virus app and think they're protected against any threat. Anti-virus isn't the solution. A Mac user who is aware of what kinds of malware exist and what kind of behaviors expose them to risk can operate malware-free without the need for anti-virus software.

1960s Gents Watch by Universal
This can't be stressed too strongly. As we've said repeatedly, the malware that exists for Mac OS X can be avoided/thwarted by a user exercising common sense and having some education. The primary weakness of any computer is not the OS being used, but the user. Prudent computer users can't simply install some anti-virus app and think they're protected against any threat. Anti-virus isn't the solution. A Mac user who is aware of what kinds of malware exist and what kind of behaviors expose them to risk can operate malware-free without the need for anti-virus software.
robbieduncan
Dec 15, 04:23 PM
Are we talking Aluminium or Titanium here?
Icaras
May 4, 01:30 AM
Huh. Interesting. I've been waiting for this feature to come to iMacs, but I find it curious why they didn't mention this at all in the iMac section of the site. :confused:
pcinfoman
Apr 28, 03:05 PM
OK, I just reset it and put all my apps back on, only this time it is NOT jailbroken. It is doing the same thing.
You can't just assume that jailbreaking is the cause.
Has anybody ever seen this problem before?
You can't just assume that jailbreaking is the cause.
Has anybody ever seen this problem before?
Cr0nus
Feb 19, 06:25 PM
Your MBP is definitely a pillow. pillow: anything used to cushion the head. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pillow
blevins321
Apr 28, 09:07 AM
Thank you so much! I've been searching everywhere and wasn't able to find a concrete answer. That just makes AppleCare even more of a no-brainer!
I'm in the same boat - the nearest Apple Store is over an hour away. Luckily we have two stores near here - Mactown and MacDepot. You don't even have to call Apple first - you can just take it in. A friend of mine near here had her power adapter fry her Macsafe board inside her Macbook. Took it to Mactown, and the next day the board and the adapter were both replaced no charge. Saw the repair invoice that they were billing Apple for and it was over $600. Definitely paid off. :D
I'm in the same boat - the nearest Apple Store is over an hour away. Luckily we have two stores near here - Mactown and MacDepot. You don't even have to call Apple first - you can just take it in. A friend of mine near here had her power adapter fry her Macsafe board inside her Macbook. Took it to Mactown, and the next day the board and the adapter were both replaced no charge. Saw the repair invoice that they were billing Apple for and it was over $600. Definitely paid off. :D
archer75
May 6, 06:34 PM
I run a windows server at home with my movie collection and it has that uptime and then some.
In fact the only time it goes down is when the power goes out or I turn it off when I go on vacation.
On my acer windows 7 laptop, aside from going to sleep I haven't restarted it in months.
In fact the only time it goes down is when the power goes out or I turn it off when I go on vacation.
On my acer windows 7 laptop, aside from going to sleep I haven't restarted it in months.


No comments:
Post a Comment