
leomac08
Feb 8, 11:47 PM
what a way to go...
cock fighting isn't bad for animals is bad for humans too..
cock fighting isn't bad for animals is bad for humans too..
Island Dog
Sep 19, 08:42 PM
No, I called Apple and they said I can only buy at the store using a company check.
jparenti
May 16, 06:22 PM
Oh yes...it's real. The prototypes of the OMP are getting rare nowadays. It will be interesting to see what it goes for, once the Newton aficionados hear about it. :p I myself have a MessagePad 2000 that I use constantly.
DougJrS
Jan 24, 10:15 AM
I have a linksys Wireless Access point on my network that I have had for a few months. I just purchased a Airport Express for printing and it was a pain to get working with the Linksys.
I tried to get CompUSA to let me exchange the Linksys AP for the Airport, but they wouldn't. In my opinion I would have perfered to pay the extra $$ for the Airport then waste a day trying to get the Airport Express to work with the Linksys AP.
If you do go Linksys I would get the WRT54G because you can get 3rd part firmware for it that is much better then what Linksys has.
Doug
I tried to get CompUSA to let me exchange the Linksys AP for the Airport, but they wouldn't. In my opinion I would have perfered to pay the extra $$ for the Airport then waste a day trying to get the Airport Express to work with the Linksys AP.
If you do go Linksys I would get the WRT54G because you can get 3rd part firmware for it that is much better then what Linksys has.
Doug
more...
wesk702
Oct 30, 01:12 AM
Great site, not unlike this one:- a lot of people who seem to enjoy a good barney every once in a while. Some N00bs, some real old hands, a good mix!
Been going there for a while. :D
For sure, bigblue's been none of the most helpful forums vie ever used.
Been going there for a while. :D
For sure, bigblue's been none of the most helpful forums vie ever used.
Cynicalone
Mar 21, 08:21 PM
Just installed it on a spare 08 Macbook that wasn't being used daily.
more...
javiercr
Sep 21, 11:46 AM
I have never used a Samsung drive, nor do I know anybody who has. Do they actually make their own? Or do they get drives relabeled from another company?
I am not 100% sure but I think they make their own, Samsung is actually a brand that makes lots of things that are put inside other people's products, e.g. the memory for the iPod nano.
I have 2 maxtor drives, one western digital and one samsung, the samsung is the only one that didn't get noiser with time, it is 20Gb and at least 5 years old, it looks identical externaly to the need ones, I guess the new ones should have improvements to make then even quiter and more reliable (i'm guessing).
I am not 100% sure but I think they make their own, Samsung is actually a brand that makes lots of things that are put inside other people's products, e.g. the memory for the iPod nano.
I have 2 maxtor drives, one western digital and one samsung, the samsung is the only one that didn't get noiser with time, it is 20Gb and at least 5 years old, it looks identical externaly to the need ones, I guess the new ones should have improvements to make then even quiter and more reliable (i'm guessing).
iEdd
Dec 22, 02:44 PM
I wonder when macminipaperweight will come out :D
That's my best design so far :o I saw this guy on techtv who happened to take 8 plasma displays (his work gave them to him for free) and a mac mini to make virtual windows in his house. Pretty awesome concept. Having guests around, hearing them say "woh... your neighbourhood is beautiful", when really you live in apartment up against a brick wall :p
That's my best design so far :o I saw this guy on techtv who happened to take 8 plasma displays (his work gave them to him for free) and a mac mini to make virtual windows in his house. Pretty awesome concept. Having guests around, hearing them say "woh... your neighbourhood is beautiful", when really you live in apartment up against a brick wall :p
more...
Daedalus256
Dec 16, 12:04 PM
has a deal been reached about the powerbook g3
not yet but I havent talked to macgenius yet either.
not yet but I havent talked to macgenius yet either.

kevin2223
May 5, 02:36 PM
Both the i5 and i7 ($1999 and $2199 models) are very powerful and will still be "future-proof" many years down the road. Sure, Intel will always be releasing new, faster processors at cheaper price points, but you'd never buy if you were always waiting. Barring any hardware issues, the iMac will still work just as good as day one.
It is usually a good idea to buy a little more than you need now so you don't feel inhibited down the road. If you are working with video files, the i7 will be faster as it offers Hyper-Threading, so there are eight virtual cores, and the Turbo Boost is faster (3.4GHz vs. 3.8GHz). The upgrade ($200) might not appear worth it now, but 3-5 years down the road it'll still be powerful, and it'll cost just a few more cents per day.
I don't game, but the 2GB upgrade is a minor cost in the long-run and again, may be beneficial if you want to add additional displays (two Thunderbolt/Mini DisplayPort). I am sure more demanding games will be able to utilize the extra RAM, although many people have been using less than 1GB for many years.
I'd say the CPU upgrade will be more beneficial, but you have to judge whether you game enough currently that you'll find the 1GB to 2GB upgrade useful. Of the total price of the iMacs, a $300 upgrade (between the two) and spread out of a number of years makes sense.
As usual, upgrade RAM third-party (whether after getting it or down the line), which will give you better performance. 16GB and 32GB upgrades are compatible and they will just become more affordable as RAM prices continue dropping. I hope this helps.
It is usually a good idea to buy a little more than you need now so you don't feel inhibited down the road. If you are working with video files, the i7 will be faster as it offers Hyper-Threading, so there are eight virtual cores, and the Turbo Boost is faster (3.4GHz vs. 3.8GHz). The upgrade ($200) might not appear worth it now, but 3-5 years down the road it'll still be powerful, and it'll cost just a few more cents per day.
I don't game, but the 2GB upgrade is a minor cost in the long-run and again, may be beneficial if you want to add additional displays (two Thunderbolt/Mini DisplayPort). I am sure more demanding games will be able to utilize the extra RAM, although many people have been using less than 1GB for many years.
I'd say the CPU upgrade will be more beneficial, but you have to judge whether you game enough currently that you'll find the 1GB to 2GB upgrade useful. Of the total price of the iMacs, a $300 upgrade (between the two) and spread out of a number of years makes sense.
As usual, upgrade RAM third-party (whether after getting it or down the line), which will give you better performance. 16GB and 32GB upgrades are compatible and they will just become more affordable as RAM prices continue dropping. I hope this helps.
more...
mkrishnan
Apr 12, 07:35 AM
Guess I should update my 1.0 version.
You should. There're only security updates and minor bug-fixes in 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, but security updates are a good thing. ;) Also, even if you have searchplugins, the upgrade is very painless. And if you don't, then it's just drag and drop! :)
You should. There're only security updates and minor bug-fixes in 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, but security updates are a good thing. ;) Also, even if you have searchplugins, the upgrade is very painless. And if you don't, then it's just drag and drop! :)
vniow
Sep 12, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by awrootbeer
Don't put too much faith in this.. weren't they predicting Dual g4 powerbooks at paris?
:rolleyes:
Yes, but they were the ones that first came up with the Powermac pic, if I'm not mistaken. :)
Don't put too much faith in this.. weren't they predicting Dual g4 powerbooks at paris?
:rolleyes:
Yes, but they were the ones that first came up with the Powermac pic, if I'm not mistaken. :)
more...
Fubar1977
Feb 18, 12:27 PM
This is useful stuff, thanks guys.
I plan on putting a larger SSD in my Macbook Pro later this year and moving my current one into my 2010 mini, didn`t realise it was such an involved job :eek:
I plan on putting a larger SSD in my Macbook Pro later this year and moving my current one into my 2010 mini, didn`t realise it was such an involved job :eek:
chrismacguy
Apr 30, 04:20 AM
Honestly you'd be better off buying an intel mac mini, even the oldest intel one you could find would be better than the Powermac.
If you don't want to do that though, choose the Powermac. These things last forever so you won't need to replace the computer for a long time.
Only if it was an Intel Core 2 Duo based Mac Mini, since it looks like the Intel Core Duo Minis are being left behind with Lion, and they only just about equal most G5s anyway. Personally Id go with either a Core 2 Duo Mini, or a PowerMac G5 Air-Cooled <2.5Ghz I believe... since IIRC the 2.3s pretended to be but werent liquid cooled. Dual PowerPC G5s at 2.0/2.3 Ghz will still have some number crunching power for a while yet.
If you don't want to do that though, choose the Powermac. These things last forever so you won't need to replace the computer for a long time.
Only if it was an Intel Core 2 Duo based Mac Mini, since it looks like the Intel Core Duo Minis are being left behind with Lion, and they only just about equal most G5s anyway. Personally Id go with either a Core 2 Duo Mini, or a PowerMac G5 Air-Cooled <2.5Ghz I believe... since IIRC the 2.3s pretended to be but werent liquid cooled. Dual PowerPC G5s at 2.0/2.3 Ghz will still have some number crunching power for a while yet.
more...
ZeebUK
Mar 25, 04:20 AM
And have they done this for HP yet? Got a 5850 wi-fi printer that according to HP's site is no longer supported for drivers.
Shame :( - it is a great printer under OS 10.5, but I need to get a new MacBook soon, and I want double sided printing!
Shame :( - it is a great printer under OS 10.5, but I need to get a new MacBook soon, and I want double sided printing!
macnulty
Jan 1, 12:26 PM
Besides the obvious of Apple, Filemaker and Nisus (Writer Express 2, great word processor)
more...
TwoJax
Mar 25, 04:34 PM
Okay, I'm no newbie but I am stumped on this. Just got a new iPad 1. It came loaded with 3.2.2 (blow out pricing at Verizon). From all my reading, I can't jb this firm version. So, I dl'd the iPad 1,1 4.2.1.ipsw file so I could utilize the Greenp0is0n app (which, I gather 'used to' work on 3.2.2 but now requires 4.2.1). I shift-click (PC) to install that and Apple won't let me (natch, cuz it isn't 4.3.1). Since this is new, with unbreakable current firmware, I have no shsh blobs I can reference saved. So, changing the hostfile won't help me as there is nothing a cydia I can retrieve.
Question, in short, what do I need to do to jb this? :confused:
Question, in short, what do I need to do to jb this? :confused:
djransom
Apr 12, 10:45 AM
I love my OB Defender. I may try out other cases, but I always come back to the OB Defender. OB Customer Service is one of the best as well. I'm waiting on my new black and white silicons to arrive in the mail due to them stretching out over time.
iGav
Feb 16, 08:34 AM
but yes the packaging and the labeling
Just the labelling (http://www.dezeen.com/2010/12/22/minimalist-effect-in-the-maximalist-market-by-antrepo/), but the minimalist Nutella, clear Schweppes & Red Bull all look far more sophisticated IMHO.
Just the labelling (http://www.dezeen.com/2010/12/22/minimalist-effect-in-the-maximalist-market-by-antrepo/), but the minimalist Nutella, clear Schweppes & Red Bull all look far more sophisticated IMHO.
SilvorX
Jun 20, 10:39 PM
I enjoy funmac.com, small community but everyone gets together good, been there since day 1
Macrumors is basically at the top of my list, even tho i barely ever get the time to visit, when i first joined i was treated as a n00b just because I didn't have a mac back then, but heh, this site has gotten heck alot better since some of the flamers are longgggg gone now
Macrumors is basically at the top of my list, even tho i barely ever get the time to visit, when i first joined i was treated as a n00b just because I didn't have a mac back then, but heh, this site has gotten heck alot better since some of the flamers are longgggg gone now
sbddude
Apr 28, 05:35 PM
the newest firmware (as of today) 4.3.2 is jailbreakable with redsn0w rc 14.
preserve your baseband if you ever want to unlock or increase resale
preserve your baseband if you ever want to unlock or increase resale
robbieduncan
Apr 24, 08:41 AM
yep,it's nil,I haven't call it before.
That would seem to be a problem...
Dejo,I don't see any problem releasing newView(?)
This is also a problem.
That would seem to be a problem...
Dejo,I don't see any problem releasing newView(?)
This is also a problem.
Chorx
May 6, 10:25 PM
The entire jailbreak "scene" is keeping it extremley quite fir the sole purpose of what happened back when nthe iPad 2 launched. Apparently they talked about the iPad 2 jailbreak on twitter when it first launched, and apple rushed a fix out the door quicker than the developers could find a way to distribute it legally. It's very annoying that we can't hear about progress in deeper detail, but it's ultimately for the better I guess.
PipPip
Jun 23, 10:32 AM
About 07:30, assuming I get out of work on time?


No comments:
Post a Comment