mrapplegate
Apr 13, 04:47 PM
Like I said, unfortunately it may not be isolated to DP2 ... which is more annoying since that means it's probably an iTunes/iOS bug :(
Oh my bad, I thought it was only happening on your 10.7 machine. If it is happening on your other machines I would think an iTunes bug.
Oh my bad, I thought it was only happening on your 10.7 machine. If it is happening on your other machines I would think an iTunes bug.
Danno21
Apr 22, 12:18 AM
I was actually just going to ask pretty much the same question and am interested as well.
What I wanted to do was put Windows 7 along with OSX on my 240gb SSD while also partitioning my my 750gb HDD that I'll install in the optibay drive so one side is for Windows in NTFS and the other for OSX.
Possible within disc utilies, right? Sorry, I am a new Mac user =D
What I wanted to do was put Windows 7 along with OSX on my 240gb SSD while also partitioning my my 750gb HDD that I'll install in the optibay drive so one side is for Windows in NTFS and the other for OSX.
Possible within disc utilies, right? Sorry, I am a new Mac user =D
dornball
Jul 9, 06:30 PM
definitely a scam.
there's something to the saying " if its too good to be true, then it probably is."
my advice is......walk away.
i myself got ripped off by one of these deals.....selling a powerbook+23" cinema display.
don't make this mistake.
-dornball
there's something to the saying " if its too good to be true, then it probably is."
my advice is......walk away.
i myself got ripped off by one of these deals.....selling a powerbook+23" cinema display.
don't make this mistake.
-dornball
sblasl
Sep 2, 06:09 PM
If you have a couple of cases, why is this phone so scratched up in 2 weeks time? It looks like you put it in your pocket with keys and $3.00 in change?
more...
mharpo
May 3, 11:52 AM
All you have to do is look at "About this Mac" to find out whether it's ddr2 or 3...
bobnugget
May 18, 05:24 AM
Just seen this on the bay - the guy won't ship to the UK (and ignored my e-mail asking if he would), so no use to me. However, this one looks like a prototype, so you other collectors might be interested.
It has apple stickers on the back (maybe just asset tags), but if you look at the photo of the sub, it's definitely a Bose prototype that was sent to apple.
eBay link (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200470290424&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)
It has apple stickers on the back (maybe just asset tags), but if you look at the photo of the sub, it's definitely a Bose prototype that was sent to apple.
eBay link (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200470290424&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)
more...
h0kie99
Aug 26, 03:53 PM
I just tried both suggestions... still works fine on PC's IE & Firefox and Mac's Safari, but not Mac's IE or Firefox. I have been googling and get nothing but crap. Any other suggestions?
My current code:
<object height="1" width="1">
<embed src="mysongname.mp3" autostart="true" hidden="true" loop="true" />
</object>
Hmmm...
My current code:
<object height="1" width="1">
<embed src="mysongname.mp3" autostart="true" hidden="true" loop="true" />
</object>
Hmmm...
Weaselboy
May 4, 10:48 AM
That's great news!
Did you get the OEM or Retail version? I'm ordering the OEM version, but I don't know if I'll be missing any screws or anything.
(I don't need the cables to clone my drive - I'm gonna migrate my data files using Time Machine.)
thanks,
nick
To intall in your MBP, the bare drive is all you need. There are four mounting nubby screws on the old drive you need to move to the new drive. Use a #6 Torx driver to remove them. Easy.
Did you get the OEM or Retail version? I'm ordering the OEM version, but I don't know if I'll be missing any screws or anything.
(I don't need the cables to clone my drive - I'm gonna migrate my data files using Time Machine.)
thanks,
nick
To intall in your MBP, the bare drive is all you need. There are four mounting nubby screws on the old drive you need to move to the new drive. Use a #6 Torx driver to remove them. Easy.
more...
itickings
Apr 9, 01:03 PM
I wonder why some routers block this kind of connection...Do you know what field should I check to see if there's a way to allow this?
You're thinking about it in the wrong way. The router isn't actually blocking that if it doesn't work, it just doesn't take extra measures to route the traffic that unnatural way.
Why would you need it to behave like that anyway?
You're thinking about it in the wrong way. The router isn't actually blocking that if it doesn't work, it just doesn't take extra measures to route the traffic that unnatural way.
Why would you need it to behave like that anyway?
gotohamish
Jul 14, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by mactastic
Is it impossible for someone to make a card that would replace the 'b' card in there currently with a 'g' card? Like is the connection to slow to make it worth doing? And what about combining that with a bluetooth connection too? I'd love to be able to put those in my laptop, and still have the pcmcia card slot still available for photo transfers.
That's an interesting thought. It appears to me that the Airport Card is a regular PCMCIA card, but without the head which in third-party cards has the aerial in. Hence the need to plug the aerial in to it when installed IN a Mac.
So couldn't you buy a regualr PCMCIA 'g' card, take the had off it and install it in the Airport slot?
To try and answer my own question - In theory yes, but I'm sure if it was that simple Apple would have done it. On the other hand, it does make it more of a perk to upgrading your Mac, which is ultimately what Apple want.
Is it impossible for someone to make a card that would replace the 'b' card in there currently with a 'g' card? Like is the connection to slow to make it worth doing? And what about combining that with a bluetooth connection too? I'd love to be able to put those in my laptop, and still have the pcmcia card slot still available for photo transfers.
That's an interesting thought. It appears to me that the Airport Card is a regular PCMCIA card, but without the head which in third-party cards has the aerial in. Hence the need to plug the aerial in to it when installed IN a Mac.
So couldn't you buy a regualr PCMCIA 'g' card, take the had off it and install it in the Airport slot?
To try and answer my own question - In theory yes, but I'm sure if it was that simple Apple would have done it. On the other hand, it does make it more of a perk to upgrading your Mac, which is ultimately what Apple want.
more...
Littleodie914
Mar 17, 06:19 PM
yeah something doesn't sound right here. can you tell us exactly what flags you used when starting folding?
are you using the console client?Sure, I'm running a shortcut of the SMP version:
.../FAH6.34-win32-SMP.exe -smp -bigadv
FahMon apparently pulled itself together, and is now reporting a more reasonable 8955 points for this protein. The deadline is still the same though.
Here's my console output:
[01:06:40] + Downloading new core: FahCore_a5.exe
[01:06:41] + 10240 bytes downloaded
...yadda yadda...
[01:06:49] + 2711739 bytes downloaded
[01:06:49] Verifying core Core_a5.fah...
[01:06:49] Signature is VALID
[01:06:49]
[01:06:49] Trying to unzip core FahCore_a5.exe
[01:06:50] Decompressed FahCore_a5.exe (9326080 bytes) successfully
[01:06:55] + Core successfully engaged
[01:07:00]
[01:07:00] + Processing work unit
[01:07:00] Core required: FahCore_a5.exe
[01:07:00] Core found.
[01:07:00] Working on queue slot 01 [March 18 01:07:00 UTC]
[01:07:00] + Working ...
[01:07:00]
[01:07:00] *------------------------------*
[01:07:00] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
[01:07:00] Version 2.27 (Mar 12, 2010)
[01:07:00]
[01:07:00] Preparing to commence simulation
[01:07:00] - Looking at optimizations...
[01:07:00] - Created dyn
[01:07:00] - Files status OK
[01:07:06] - Expanded 24864068 -> 30796292 (decompressed 123.8 percent)
[01:07:06] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=24864068 data_size=3
0796292, decompressed_data_size=30796292 diff=0
[01:07:06] - Digital signature verified
[01:07:06]
[01:07:06] Project: 6901 (Run 21, Clone 10, Gen 6)
[01:07:06]
[01:07:07] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[01:07:07] Entering M.D.
[01:07:13] Mapping NT from 8 to 8
[01:07:17] Completed 0 out of 250000 steps (0%)
[02:22:51] Completed 2500 out of 250000 steps (1%)
are you using the console client?Sure, I'm running a shortcut of the SMP version:
.../FAH6.34-win32-SMP.exe -smp -bigadv
FahMon apparently pulled itself together, and is now reporting a more reasonable 8955 points for this protein. The deadline is still the same though.
Here's my console output:
[01:06:40] + Downloading new core: FahCore_a5.exe
[01:06:41] + 10240 bytes downloaded
...yadda yadda...
[01:06:49] + 2711739 bytes downloaded
[01:06:49] Verifying core Core_a5.fah...
[01:06:49] Signature is VALID
[01:06:49]
[01:06:49] Trying to unzip core FahCore_a5.exe
[01:06:50] Decompressed FahCore_a5.exe (9326080 bytes) successfully
[01:06:55] + Core successfully engaged
[01:07:00]
[01:07:00] + Processing work unit
[01:07:00] Core required: FahCore_a5.exe
[01:07:00] Core found.
[01:07:00] Working on queue slot 01 [March 18 01:07:00 UTC]
[01:07:00] + Working ...
[01:07:00]
[01:07:00] *------------------------------*
[01:07:00] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
[01:07:00] Version 2.27 (Mar 12, 2010)
[01:07:00]
[01:07:00] Preparing to commence simulation
[01:07:00] - Looking at optimizations...
[01:07:00] - Created dyn
[01:07:00] - Files status OK
[01:07:06] - Expanded 24864068 -> 30796292 (decompressed 123.8 percent)
[01:07:06] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=24864068 data_size=3
0796292, decompressed_data_size=30796292 diff=0
[01:07:06] - Digital signature verified
[01:07:06]
[01:07:06] Project: 6901 (Run 21, Clone 10, Gen 6)
[01:07:06]
[01:07:07] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[01:07:07] Entering M.D.
[01:07:13] Mapping NT from 8 to 8
[01:07:17] Completed 0 out of 250000 steps (0%)
[02:22:51] Completed 2500 out of 250000 steps (1%)

StealthRider
Sep 10, 08:52 AM
Could get Kanye West in to have another (well deserved) pop at Bush?
Let's try to keep this in community instead of having it moved to politics. There's a time and place for political stuff, this isn't either.
Let's try to keep this in community instead of having it moved to politics. There's a time and place for political stuff, this isn't either.
more...
eljanitor
May 4, 01:53 AM
Its a nice machine for an iMac G4 flat panel. Just a few things you might want to be aware of here:

Jesse McCartney has joined
more...

In The Shoes Of Rosie May Seaon 2 Chapter 6. In The Shoes Of Rosie May Seaon 2 Chapter 6. 0:52. ~Song: We can go anywhere by Jesse McCartney~ -With the

Jesse McCartney has presented
more...

Paris and Jesse McCartney

Jesse McCartney: Chateau

jesse mccartney new haircut
SpankyPenzaanz
Mar 26, 09:42 PM
I'll pm you my email and we can discuss the details much further if you want otherwise I am interested
more...
Curse
Apr 28, 08:15 PM
It is Power PC G4.
Did 'safe' mode restart and still same problem - just the display icon and date stamp in corner. When I try to shut down it won't let me and says that 'Finder' quit the restart.
Found copy of Tiger but the previous owner said it never worked properly.
Did 'safe' mode restart and still same problem - just the display icon and date stamp in corner. When I try to shut down it won't let me and says that 'Finder' quit the restart.
Found copy of Tiger but the previous owner said it never worked properly.
polaris1
Apr 6, 11:20 AM
id much rather get a free one than pay for it, dont worry i'm not doing anything illegal so stop being nasty.
more...
harleymhs
Apr 24, 06:34 AM
Does anyone have the manual for the 11" MBA ? Great Post ! :D
-aggie-
Apr 22, 04:36 PM
I guess Judgment Day is over, but how will I know whether or not to come up out of this bunker?
Just in case I think I'll stay down here. I have a 3-year supply of water and canned food.
Is this why we have a ratings system now?
Skynet took over MacRumors!!:eek:
Just in case I think I'll stay down here. I have a 3-year supply of water and canned food.
Is this why we have a ratings system now?
Skynet took over MacRumors!!:eek:
Lord Blackadder
Sep 7, 09:59 AM
Lance has said he'll retire or has even retired before I think, but coming out of retirement 'just to p*ss them off' is a bit lame.
Well, I don't think he'd go to that much trouble just to taunt the French media...If he does race I think the reason will be because that's what he does, and he doesn't want to stop.
Although, maybe it would be better for him to start competing in other Tours like the Giro d'Italia - he's already put his stamp firmly on the Tour de France.
PS. Don't diss MJ - you run a good chance of being struck down.... ;)
LOL, I never was much of a basketball fan but it was sad to see such a legend fade away like he did - it was just too hard to let go.
Well, I don't think he'd go to that much trouble just to taunt the French media...If he does race I think the reason will be because that's what he does, and he doesn't want to stop.
Although, maybe it would be better for him to start competing in other Tours like the Giro d'Italia - he's already put his stamp firmly on the Tour de France.
PS. Don't diss MJ - you run a good chance of being struck down.... ;)
LOL, I never was much of a basketball fan but it was sad to see such a legend fade away like he did - it was just too hard to let go.
calb818
Mar 19, 11:56 AM
Hello again all,
I have started to progress in my Apple education, and I have hit the first hurdle.
I have got my hands on a Dual 1.8Ghz G5, the last owner obviously removed the HDD and the RAM and Graphics card, so I thought this should be easy enough to resolve.
New 320gb HDD, 2 partitions, partition 1 100gb partition 2 200gb, ati radeon 9800 pro mac special edition graphics card, and to start with 1gb of RAM.
I did think it would be a case of install all the bits of kit needed, start machine, load OS X and off I go.
Not the case, when I press the power button the front LED flashes, the fans come on, the hard drive sounds as if it is powering up, but I have no power or activity from the keyboard and mouse, the video card also powers up as the fans on it are running. No activity on the monitor screen.
I have done a PRAM reset by pressing the button, I have changed the battery.
All I get in simple terms is a box that power up with a flashing LED and no other activity?? I also get no BEEPS on power up!!!!!!!
What I have also done is I thought fine I used my G4 Quicksilver with a USB dock and I loaded my new OS X 10.5 Leopard onto the new hard drive, that was successful, I put it back into the G5 still no joy. Could the Logic board or the CPU's be U/S? I have also now taken the CPU's out, and I have tried using just one to see if they are U/S, it does not make a difference.
Does anyone have any advice on how to start a G5 that you have rebuilt?? I thought if I put the relevant parts together as I have done many times in the past with normal PC's, it should just be simple??
I have started to progress in my Apple education, and I have hit the first hurdle.
I have got my hands on a Dual 1.8Ghz G5, the last owner obviously removed the HDD and the RAM and Graphics card, so I thought this should be easy enough to resolve.
New 320gb HDD, 2 partitions, partition 1 100gb partition 2 200gb, ati radeon 9800 pro mac special edition graphics card, and to start with 1gb of RAM.
I did think it would be a case of install all the bits of kit needed, start machine, load OS X and off I go.
Not the case, when I press the power button the front LED flashes, the fans come on, the hard drive sounds as if it is powering up, but I have no power or activity from the keyboard and mouse, the video card also powers up as the fans on it are running. No activity on the monitor screen.
I have done a PRAM reset by pressing the button, I have changed the battery.
All I get in simple terms is a box that power up with a flashing LED and no other activity?? I also get no BEEPS on power up!!!!!!!
What I have also done is I thought fine I used my G4 Quicksilver with a USB dock and I loaded my new OS X 10.5 Leopard onto the new hard drive, that was successful, I put it back into the G5 still no joy. Could the Logic board or the CPU's be U/S? I have also now taken the CPU's out, and I have tried using just one to see if they are U/S, it does not make a difference.
Does anyone have any advice on how to start a G5 that you have rebuilt?? I thought if I put the relevant parts together as I have done many times in the past with normal PC's, it should just be simple??
shyam09
May 5, 12:36 AM
in december i managed to buy a booq taipan [i believe that's what it was called] and although it isn't the vyper i am def. pleased with the quality and durability. [its a sleeve btw]... i have to say booq products are no.1, very well made, and well worth the money. Booq Vyper to the MAXX!!!
notjustjay
Mar 4, 02:18 PM
Maybe it means they're not sure, as in: "What is Toronto???"
wdlove
Sep 7, 01:33 PM
Lance must be missing the spotlight and accolades already. Just another Cher. Hope if he returns that he will remain clean.
itsme92
Apr 17, 12:53 AM
Oh, also I've got another question. (well a few actually)
Will the Xbox 360 with HD DVD drive have better quality than my current circa-2001 Sony Progressive-scan DVD player hooked up over component for DVD's? Basically, should I hold on to my DVD player or will it be unneeded?
Also, I don't have a 1080p TV right now, I'm using a 32" square CRT HD-ready one I got 5+ years ago. Does anybody reccomend any TV's that are:
Will the Xbox 360 with HD DVD drive have better quality than my current circa-2001 Sony Progressive-scan DVD player hooked up over component for DVD's? Basically, should I hold on to my DVD player or will it be unneeded?
Also, I don't have a 1080p TV right now, I'm using a 32" square CRT HD-ready one I got 5+ years ago. Does anybody reccomend any TV's that are:


No comments:
Post a Comment