Bongolo
Apr 15, 04:56 AM
Hi lokerd,
can you or someone explain how to double tap to switch apps with Sbsettings? I cannot see this option!
can you or someone explain how to double tap to switch apps with Sbsettings? I cannot see this option!
KittenKrusher
Sep 27, 12:21 PM
At my Uni we aren't suppose to have out own wireless networks, but I know of atleast 4 dorms that do. They simply hide the network so only they know what it is.
trainguy77
Nov 14, 06:15 PM
So when are you planning on doing this? Don't see anywhere in the top 100 :p
and my G5 gets a bit of a rest instead of folding 24/7. It uses a lot of power and am trying to cut down my electric bill.
If i told you then it would not be a secret. I lost another work unit to the beta client.....however i still am getting decent daily output. I will tell you when i am in the top 100......o and by the way i am not folding under trainguy77.....You may already know what i am folding under but if you don't.....I will tell you when i am about to overtake you. :D
EDIT: by the way I may be a couple thousands points behind you so it will just be a long steady haul.
and my G5 gets a bit of a rest instead of folding 24/7. It uses a lot of power and am trying to cut down my electric bill.
If i told you then it would not be a secret. I lost another work unit to the beta client.....however i still am getting decent daily output. I will tell you when i am in the top 100......o and by the way i am not folding under trainguy77.....You may already know what i am folding under but if you don't.....I will tell you when i am about to overtake you. :D
EDIT: by the way I may be a couple thousands points behind you so it will just be a long steady haul.
Lord Appleseed
May 6, 01:20 PM
No, the 6970 is a 2 year old card. It may have come OUT this year.
Being as powerful as a card from 2 years ago and being to years old is something different. The 6970 is from this year not from 2 years ago. However you may be right with the performance.
Being as powerful as a card from 2 years ago and being to years old is something different. The 6970 is from this year not from 2 years ago. However you may be right with the performance.
more...
Laird Knox
Mar 10, 04:43 PM
Sorry I just had my last one for lunch.
imacgeek
Jan 6, 12:53 PM
Sounds good, I just checked my iPhone and found several Starbucks - duh :D - around Moscone center. Maybe a native San Franciscan can suggest one of them, or an alternative in any case? Veterans of similar meetings from previous years: what do you think??
I'll be wearing my original MacOS X t-shirt :)
I am not a native but know the area pretty well. I would also be wiling to take shifts in line outside the Mascone center in the morning if some people want to wake up early and then I can come and hold the line for a few hours. I don't know about you guys but I am also staying at the Marriott so that could be a place to meet (I think they have a few louges)
I'll be wearing my original MacOS X t-shirt :)
I am not a native but know the area pretty well. I would also be wiling to take shifts in line outside the Mascone center in the morning if some people want to wake up early and then I can come and hold the line for a few hours. I don't know about you guys but I am also staying at the Marriott so that could be a place to meet (I think they have a few louges)
more...
hopejr
Apr 10, 07:49 PM
Another annoying ad. Links to https://www.colonialfirststate.com.au/
Dane D.
Aug 6, 12:12 AM
I don't run it any more as it apparently rips hard drives and I couldn't be bothered setting up the RAM disk method. It also turns my G5 into a bit of a wind tunnel some times.
BS. Where are you getting your info? The CPU does all the work, the HD only stores the info crunched to send back to SETI. I am coming up on my 1st yr anniversary and no problems. My main machine is the G3/300, 6 yrs old and still purring like the day it was new. Just make sure you have a good air flow through the box and everything will be fine. It is the peps that use PowerBooks that burn up your machine, probably because they don't raise it off the table to get air underneath it. I use 1/2" rubber feet and a small desk fan blowing across the unit to cool my PowerBook the fan hardly comes on. My temps never exceed 109�F in my G3.
BS. Where are you getting your info? The CPU does all the work, the HD only stores the info crunched to send back to SETI. I am coming up on my 1st yr anniversary and no problems. My main machine is the G3/300, 6 yrs old and still purring like the day it was new. Just make sure you have a good air flow through the box and everything will be fine. It is the peps that use PowerBooks that burn up your machine, probably because they don't raise it off the table to get air underneath it. I use 1/2" rubber feet and a small desk fan blowing across the unit to cool my PowerBook the fan hardly comes on. My temps never exceed 109�F in my G3.
more...
Apple OC
Apr 18, 07:24 PM
looks nice ... I would photoshop out the roof on the left and some of the ferns on the right
NYR99
May 3, 05:13 PM
Why not just leave them, since they're not hurting anything by being there. I'm sure if you did enough research, you could find the purpose for each file, but why waste the time?
Wow, you are such a great help. Thank you so much...
Seriously though, why even bother helping if you have nothing to contribute?
Wow, you are such a great help. Thank you so much...
Seriously though, why even bother helping if you have nothing to contribute?
more...
sweex
Jun 11, 01:25 PM
The way I read this article is: Apple is going for that little bit more,which cost a bit more also but they know that the potential clients are willing to afford it so why wouldn't they do it? Samsung can't afford the same move so they cry out loud saying their better...
(Ok maybe it's a little exaggerated but you get the idea...)
(Ok maybe it's a little exaggerated but you get the idea...)
iStudentUK
Feb 15, 02:59 PM
I'll try and make this logical-
Is there a quick way to include what the person I am quoting quoted when I quote them?
In other words, if somebody quotes me and I want to reply, when I press quote it only includes what they wrote, not what I originally wrote as well. On busy threads it can would be useful to be able to quote everything.
Thanks, hope that made sense!
Is there a quick way to include what the person I am quoting quoted when I quote them?
In other words, if somebody quotes me and I want to reply, when I press quote it only includes what they wrote, not what I originally wrote as well. On busy threads it can would be useful to be able to quote everything.
Thanks, hope that made sense!
more...
I AM THE MAN
Apr 26, 06:07 PM
Basically the Mac Pro comes in two different fundamental configurations: a single CPU version and a dual CPU version. These are two different chipsets and unless you reeeally like overspending it is not wise to change this later.
Consider your needs and first of all determine if the software you'll be using can take advantage of a high number of cores. If you don't know a google or forums search can help, you can also ask about specific software here.
Once you have determined how many cores you need (or want) you can go straight to the model you need (stock or customized at the apple online store) or, if you are feeling adventurous, you can, as you are proposing, buy a single cpu or dual cpu model and upgrade it with very specific processors. If you want a dual CPU model you CAN'T mix different processors; they have to be identical. If you buy a single CPU model you CAN'T add another CPU later unless you also change the chipset, which is, as I said, very expensive.
I'd say more here about which CPUs you can upgrade to but I think you first need to determine your actual needs and your budget.
Alright. Thank you VERY much for all your help! I really am just going to be doing simple edits on my Mac (the clips will be 1080p-Videos taken from the T2I Rebel). In the future however, I might want to learn Aftereffects and other editing programs. I'll first be using ScreenFlow, iMovie and Final Cut X.
Consider your needs and first of all determine if the software you'll be using can take advantage of a high number of cores. If you don't know a google or forums search can help, you can also ask about specific software here.
Once you have determined how many cores you need (or want) you can go straight to the model you need (stock or customized at the apple online store) or, if you are feeling adventurous, you can, as you are proposing, buy a single cpu or dual cpu model and upgrade it with very specific processors. If you want a dual CPU model you CAN'T mix different processors; they have to be identical. If you buy a single CPU model you CAN'T add another CPU later unless you also change the chipset, which is, as I said, very expensive.
I'd say more here about which CPUs you can upgrade to but I think you first need to determine your actual needs and your budget.
Alright. Thank you VERY much for all your help! I really am just going to be doing simple edits on my Mac (the clips will be 1080p-Videos taken from the T2I Rebel). In the future however, I might want to learn Aftereffects and other editing programs. I'll first be using ScreenFlow, iMovie and Final Cut X.
P-Worm
Sep 10, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the info.
That was spam right? I'll try to stay away from it because it seems to me that that can get annoying very fast.
P-Worm
That was spam right? I'll try to stay away from it because it seems to me that that can get annoying very fast.
P-Worm
more...
i4k20c
Dec 27, 04:18 PM
hmm great.. 90% of the front page is about the ipod.. :rolleyes:
Fishrrman
Apr 26, 09:59 AM
Get an interface with AT LEAST 2 XLR inputs.
If you're consider M-Audio, I'd suggest the Fast Track Ultra as a better buy. It costs a little more, but offers you "room to grow" in the future.
Just wondering, do you have firewire capabilities as well? If so, I consider firewire to be the better choice for an audio interface.
If you start thinking of firewire, I suggest you also check out the Echo "AudioFire4" interface. A bit more expensive @$299, but worth the money.
I've been using CAD mics and have gotten very good results from them. You might check out the M-179 -- it has 3 or 4 selectable polar pickup patterns.
If you're consider M-Audio, I'd suggest the Fast Track Ultra as a better buy. It costs a little more, but offers you "room to grow" in the future.
Just wondering, do you have firewire capabilities as well? If so, I consider firewire to be the better choice for an audio interface.
If you start thinking of firewire, I suggest you also check out the Echo "AudioFire4" interface. A bit more expensive @$299, but worth the money.
I've been using CAD mics and have gotten very good results from them. You might check out the M-179 -- it has 3 or 4 selectable polar pickup patterns.
more...
Dreadnought
Jan 17, 02:47 PM
I would say about 350 points per day extra.
Surely
Apr 21, 12:34 PM
No thanks. This has been discussed before; you can post a link to your Youtube video and people can choose to load it that way.
I agree! No thanks!
How do you embed youtube videos in posts here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=861736&highlight=youtube)
Embedded YouTube on the forum? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=670438&highlight=youtube)
[VIDEO] Tags? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1061846&highlight=video)
Can I post a video in this forum?? please help. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=729976&highlight=video)
Embedding video in a post... (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=529396&highlight=video)
How about a video Gallery? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=220134&highlight=video)
Video Gallery? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=207968&highlight=video)
I guess it pays to ask again.
0A5t5_O8hdA
I agree! No thanks!
How do you embed youtube videos in posts here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=861736&highlight=youtube)
Embedded YouTube on the forum? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=670438&highlight=youtube)
[VIDEO] Tags? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1061846&highlight=video)
Can I post a video in this forum?? please help. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=729976&highlight=video)
Embedding video in a post... (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=529396&highlight=video)
How about a video Gallery? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=220134&highlight=video)
Video Gallery? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=207968&highlight=video)
I guess it pays to ask again.
0A5t5_O8hdA
shadowmoses
Sep 18, 02:47 PM
Keep an eye peeled for a REV A iBook G4 they are good value on ebay and will cover all of your criteria, they come in 800mhz and 933mhz versions and there HD's came at 30gb and 40gb unless they were BTO...
ShadOW
ShadOW
balamw
Dec 6, 08:12 PM
Thanks in advance.
Aren't there just some springy clips that you need to push in on either side of the rear, then you just pull up on the cover (from very distant memory and corroborated by this instructable http://www.instructables.com/id/Replace-an-Apple-IIGS-clock-battery/).
Remove the cover. You already know how to do this–just push in the locking buttons located on either side of the back of the case, and pull up gently on the cover.
EDIT: You just have to love the internet: http://www.apple-iigs.info/doc/fichiers/iigshardref.pdf
B
Aren't there just some springy clips that you need to push in on either side of the rear, then you just pull up on the cover (from very distant memory and corroborated by this instructable http://www.instructables.com/id/Replace-an-Apple-IIGS-clock-battery/).
Remove the cover. You already know how to do this–just push in the locking buttons located on either side of the back of the case, and pull up gently on the cover.
EDIT: You just have to love the internet: http://www.apple-iigs.info/doc/fichiers/iigshardref.pdf
B
TwitchOSX
Mar 30, 04:42 PM
No, I havent. Dont follow lego's anymore.. you know, not 10 anymore.
Still, the premise seems lame to me.
/back to Halo
//after work
Still, the premise seems lame to me.
/back to Halo
//after work
GeeYouEye
Jul 25, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
hmmm i didnt know i could do that. i always take the trouble to do the 'sudo rm -rf System\ Folder/' action...which gets really annoying with odd characters and such
thx for the inadvertent advice
Hmm... I think you're right on this one, and you do need the \ before the space, otherwise it'll treat "Folder" as an argument, and not as part of the name of "System Folder" which could be a real problem if Folder is a valid argument.
hmmm i didnt know i could do that. i always take the trouble to do the 'sudo rm -rf System\ Folder/' action...which gets really annoying with odd characters and such
thx for the inadvertent advice
Hmm... I think you're right on this one, and you do need the \ before the space, otherwise it'll treat "Folder" as an argument, and not as part of the name of "System Folder" which could be a real problem if Folder is a valid argument.
dino26
May 2, 03:15 PM
Why don't you go round all 3 apple stores in the city , then go around all the best buy stores and then some other tech stores.
ahunter3
Dec 9, 05:16 PM
who still uses OS9 and for what??:confused:
� I will be booting into it this weekend to import records from a 17-file FileMaker 6 solution into intermediate files (which have both the old and the new table structure) and then into the final structure. The speed boost over OS X is somewhere between threefold and fourfold for the involved functions.
� I boot into 9 to scan. I have two scanners, both decently good, neither with OS X drivers available. The Umax Astra slide scanner was noted as having very good color values for the price, and the price was low due in part to lack of OS X drivers. The old flatbed, a Umax 630, is a 3-pass SCSI scanner that will probably still be humming along nicely when MacOS 10.9 is becoming obsolete.
� I have my older computer off to my left here as I type on this one. I Timbuktu into the older one to handle a chore that it does better (under MacOS 8.6, mind you, not even 9) than OS X does on the fastest machines in the shop: opening up folders on a mounted server folder that are chock-full of huge TIFF and Photoshop images, and copying selected files to a folder from a different mounted server volume also chock-full of huge TIFF and Photoshop images. OS X thinks its doing me a favor by trying to conjure up and display a thumbnail of each image based on actual file content. OS 9 doesn't do that (only displays the little classic-mac custom icons generated by Photoshop, if present), enabling an eleven-year-old PowerMac 7100 with a 300 MHz G3 accelerator and 10-base-T networking to do this task as well as dual-G5 Macs with gigabit ethernet...and blow my OS X PowerBook completely out of the water.
Don't knock OS 9. It certainly had its shortcomings (especially with regards to memory, oy vey) but it also had a great deal of sophistication �€�? lots of little things that had started off great or evolved to greatness. It was the best all-around small computer operating system of the 20th Century. I'd still use it over XP, or the first few iterations of OS X.
� I will be booting into it this weekend to import records from a 17-file FileMaker 6 solution into intermediate files (which have both the old and the new table structure) and then into the final structure. The speed boost over OS X is somewhere between threefold and fourfold for the involved functions.
� I boot into 9 to scan. I have two scanners, both decently good, neither with OS X drivers available. The Umax Astra slide scanner was noted as having very good color values for the price, and the price was low due in part to lack of OS X drivers. The old flatbed, a Umax 630, is a 3-pass SCSI scanner that will probably still be humming along nicely when MacOS 10.9 is becoming obsolete.
� I have my older computer off to my left here as I type on this one. I Timbuktu into the older one to handle a chore that it does better (under MacOS 8.6, mind you, not even 9) than OS X does on the fastest machines in the shop: opening up folders on a mounted server folder that are chock-full of huge TIFF and Photoshop images, and copying selected files to a folder from a different mounted server volume also chock-full of huge TIFF and Photoshop images. OS X thinks its doing me a favor by trying to conjure up and display a thumbnail of each image based on actual file content. OS 9 doesn't do that (only displays the little classic-mac custom icons generated by Photoshop, if present), enabling an eleven-year-old PowerMac 7100 with a 300 MHz G3 accelerator and 10-base-T networking to do this task as well as dual-G5 Macs with gigabit ethernet...and blow my OS X PowerBook completely out of the water.
Don't knock OS 9. It certainly had its shortcomings (especially with regards to memory, oy vey) but it also had a great deal of sophistication �€�? lots of little things that had started off great or evolved to greatness. It was the best all-around small computer operating system of the 20th Century. I'd still use it over XP, or the first few iterations of OS X.


No comments:
Post a Comment