Blu101
Oct 16, 11:11 AM
Newb question - what do I do with the wallpapers I download? Do I need to put them in a particular folder? Can I create a "wallpaper" folder in my documents or images folder?
Right now I have a few from last night just sitting in my docs folder, but when I started the MBP this morning it went back to the default wallpaper (purplish space shot)...?
Right now I have a few from last night just sitting in my docs folder, but when I started the MBP this morning it went back to the default wallpaper (purplish space shot)...?
theSeb
May 4, 12:30 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
What is the height from the table or desktop to the bottom of the screen. Not the bottom of the IMAC, but the bottom of the screen/glass.
Thanks!
Jim
Have you tried this really helpful website and scrolled down?
http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html
Hint: look for size and weight
What is the height from the table or desktop to the bottom of the screen. Not the bottom of the IMAC, but the bottom of the screen/glass.
Thanks!
Jim
Have you tried this really helpful website and scrolled down?
http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html
Hint: look for size and weight
BornAgainMac
Dec 6, 01:41 PM
Perhaps it can be used in the Mac Mini Media and iMac lines. Future generations will be smaller for notebooks.
DXoverDY
Dec 20, 02:38 PM
So apple decided to give me a crappy hard drive that died outside of my warranty. i am now trying to replace it. i'm following the guide at pbfixit.com for replacing the battery. however there's a "clip" apparently that is holding the right hand side of the case together and i see absolutely no way to unclip it. any help would be appreciated. i've been working on it for about 2 hours and i've had about enough and i'm ready to sell the pile of crap and buy a PC. apple gets "crappy design award of the year" for not making their hardware servicable that's for sure. and no, i'm not paying apple @$$loads of money for them to fix what should be simple for anyone to do.
more...
dornoforpyros
Sep 19, 08:00 PM
I love the white/plastic studio displays, just got a 20" about a week ago :D
but personally I think $450 is a little high for a 17"
but personally I think $450 is a little high for a 17"
ZipZap
Apr 21, 05:19 AM
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 (4 yr old) on Windows 7 Ultimate. I get a little over 3 hours of typical use on battery.
While I have not done so, I would bet that replacing the HD with an SSD would extend that time considerably.
It did on my Alienware m11x.
While I have not done so, I would bet that replacing the HD with an SSD would extend that time considerably.
It did on my Alienware m11x.
more...

SkippyThorson
Feb 7, 12:59 PM
[...]I've heard that some people (like really smart fanboys) know how to do it.
I was going to help you until I read that line.
Instead, all you'll get from me is this comment, and a stiff suggestion that you use this tool (http://www.google.com/), like everyone else has for years. I'm confident even you could have found an answer if you tried.
I was going to help you until I read that line.
Instead, all you'll get from me is this comment, and a stiff suggestion that you use this tool (http://www.google.com/), like everyone else has for years. I'm confident even you could have found an answer if you tried.

mcdj
Apr 24, 12:30 AM
They CANNOT be compared. Two totally different IEM's. Two totally different prices.
Exactly. I was pointing out that Ajays Four are nowhere near high end, by comparing them to something high end.
Exactly. I was pointing out that Ajays Four are nowhere near high end, by comparing them to something high end.
more...

Joshuarocks
Mar 18, 05:00 AM
To anyone who has experience or has worked at Apple can you give me the positions of a retail store by rank? like genius, specialist, store manager being #1 obviously, etc. Also which position requires additional training such as going to Cupertino.
Lowest - Concierge
2nd Lowest - hourly sales rep(paid low.. like 10 or 9 an hour)
Middle - Product Specialist
The highest being Genius at almost 20 dollars an hour...
The ABSOLUTE HIGHEST - General Manager of the retail store.. and of course the top is: DISTRICT MANAGER.
Personally, I hate RETAIL as it takes away time from family and other important tasks one needs.. Plus I prefer 9-5 with weekends off. I am an Administrator for a small, family size firm and my hours are not retail.. been there done that - retail has no future, and from what I heard how reps are treated in an apple retail store, a lot complain about the pay which is too low and with gas prices going sky high and food prices also(recession ISN'T OVER, but RE-GENERATING), its impossible to survive on the rate of pay for a retail sales rep.
If you want to make it in the Apple Store, I'd suggest Genius or if you have managerial experience, Store Manager.
Lowest - Concierge
2nd Lowest - hourly sales rep(paid low.. like 10 or 9 an hour)
Middle - Product Specialist
The highest being Genius at almost 20 dollars an hour...
The ABSOLUTE HIGHEST - General Manager of the retail store.. and of course the top is: DISTRICT MANAGER.
Personally, I hate RETAIL as it takes away time from family and other important tasks one needs.. Plus I prefer 9-5 with weekends off. I am an Administrator for a small, family size firm and my hours are not retail.. been there done that - retail has no future, and from what I heard how reps are treated in an apple retail store, a lot complain about the pay which is too low and with gas prices going sky high and food prices also(recession ISN'T OVER, but RE-GENERATING), its impossible to survive on the rate of pay for a retail sales rep.
If you want to make it in the Apple Store, I'd suggest Genius or if you have managerial experience, Store Manager.
PaRaGoNViCtiM
Dec 5, 08:03 PM
Apple Bluetooth Mouse is still available guys!!!!!
more...
waterskier2007
Jun 24, 01:19 PM
hey i had said i wanted those but its fine, u can sell them to the other guy
Corrosive vinyl
Apr 3, 05:38 PM
I am new to go and don't know much about it, but am interested in it.. what are good resources to check out to learn how to play? either online or at the library, and what is that game otello, or is that a seperape entity?
more...
mkrishnan
Jan 10, 09:49 PM
Here's info on what the freaky thing does:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031010141631859
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031010141631859
wnameth
Nov 25, 01:08 PM
as the title says i am looking for a used tiger woods gamecube game. it is going to be a christmas present for my dad.. i can also possibly trade a couple games for it and possibly a DVD movie
i have:
1080 avalanche (gamecube)
and some other ones (will check later)
DVD's
2fast 2furious
Terminator 3
and some others
plaese post your price or trade offers.
thanks
i have:
1080 avalanche (gamecube)
and some other ones (will check later)
DVD's
2fast 2furious
Terminator 3
and some others
plaese post your price or trade offers.
thanks
more...
2nyRiggz
Mar 23, 05:21 AM
Aww man cooking mama sucks smelly balls...my friend got it and wants to toss it out the window. I took it off his hands and I tried getting into it but it blows...big disappointment.
Bless
Bless
ohcrap
Sep 29, 08:45 AM
Shouldn't be too long until it's cancelled.
What they need to do is bring back Insomniac.
Damn right!
What they need to do is bring back Insomniac.
Damn right!
more...
ipadfreak
Apr 11, 04:21 PM
Hi,
I need a REALLY cool iphone case. Kinda like the Switch Easy stuff, just a little thinner. Thanks!
I need a REALLY cool iphone case. Kinda like the Switch Easy stuff, just a little thinner. Thanks!
netdog
Apr 11, 06:28 AM
Here's a vote against RapidWeaver.

Penny loafers are a great

MacRumors
May 4, 08:36 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/05/04/apple-continues-to-make-progress-on-chinese-wi-fi-capable-iphone/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/05/04/093537-china_iphone.jpg
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/05/04/093537-china_iphone.jpg
ender land
Apr 17, 09:02 AM
This is funny.
Missing things like TL;DR requests, +1 spam, etc :)
Missing things like TL;DR requests, +1 spam, etc :)
Jazwire
May 4, 01:30 AM
Like to see a 3TB , Thunderbolt, user serviceable unit.
balamw
Mar 30, 04:45 PM
Winclone usually works fine if you use uncompressed DMG.
I've been working on a replacement and trying to figure out why winclone fails as much as it does on SL. I hope to get an early version out next month, but am also working on several iOS projects.
I think you are in the minority if you will pay $50 for this. :(
B
I've been working on a replacement and trying to figure out why winclone fails as much as it does on SL. I hope to get an early version out next month, but am also working on several iOS projects.
I think you are in the minority if you will pay $50 for this. :(
B
DrakkenWar
Apr 28, 12:04 AM
They both sound way too expensive for the specs involved. You should be able to find a DP 2.0ghz Powermac G5 for around $200-250 these days. An iMac G4 should not sell for over $100 imo, unless its the rare 20" model.
If you are short on cash but still want some power, look towards the higher end Powermac G4's. A DP 1.25 or 1.4ghz powermac will outperform the SP Powermac G5, and can usually be had for about $150.
Like the title says. It really REALLY depends on where you live for mac prices. I was shocked that prices where cheaper in Alaska before I moved here to california.
There were ton of great deals on Criag's List up there for gear, but down here close to Cupertino? Holy hell, you would think mac users are offering up their first born for a 1st gen 17' iMac G4.
I had to turn to Mac of all trades for a better deal. ( I do not work for them or are in anyway affiliated with them. But in my price range a few months back this single 1.8, now with a dual OWC from eBay was the best monetary solution to upgrade from my DA dual 533.
~Just my 2 cents on the matter, stay frosty
Drake
If you are short on cash but still want some power, look towards the higher end Powermac G4's. A DP 1.25 or 1.4ghz powermac will outperform the SP Powermac G5, and can usually be had for about $150.
Like the title says. It really REALLY depends on where you live for mac prices. I was shocked that prices where cheaper in Alaska before I moved here to california.
There were ton of great deals on Criag's List up there for gear, but down here close to Cupertino? Holy hell, you would think mac users are offering up their first born for a 1st gen 17' iMac G4.
I had to turn to Mac of all trades for a better deal. ( I do not work for them or are in anyway affiliated with them. But in my price range a few months back this single 1.8, now with a dual OWC from eBay was the best monetary solution to upgrade from my DA dual 533.
~Just my 2 cents on the matter, stay frosty
Drake
Angel baby
Apr 17, 03:57 AM
white iPhone 4 has not been launched. Did you converse your black i4 with some kind of conversion kit?


No comments:
Post a Comment