ghall
Jun 17, 07:10 PM
I received a $20 PlatStation Network card the other day and I spent $5 of it on LittleBigPlanet DLC. I'm trying to find a game I would like on the PlayStation store for under $15. What would you guys recommend?
snberk103
Apr 26, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the side-by-side review. I use LR3, never got around to A3. Once you are used to the interface it works. At least for me.
One tip to make imports go faster is to break the import into chunks, I'm told. If you have 200 images, then pick 50 and start the import, then pick the next 50 and start the import. Supposedly you can start as many parallel import threads as you have cores for best results. I haven't needed to speed up my imports, so it's been a while since I've tried this.
Also, if your A3 and LR3 libraries were on two different HDDs you may have been seeing the difference in HDD speeds and not program processing speed. Just a thought.
One tip to make imports go faster is to break the import into chunks, I'm told. If you have 200 images, then pick 50 and start the import, then pick the next 50 and start the import. Supposedly you can start as many parallel import threads as you have cores for best results. I haven't needed to speed up my imports, so it's been a while since I've tried this.
Also, if your A3 and LR3 libraries were on two different HDDs you may have been seeing the difference in HDD speeds and not program processing speed. Just a thought.
iGary
Dec 20, 06:54 PM
http://www.danaquarium.com/galleryalbums/macoddities/pbfire2.jpg
How old is your PB - there was a battery recall.
How old is your PB - there was a battery recall.
grabberslasher
Nov 14, 06:42 AM
Download Link (http://1397260871/FunShack.zip)
more...
kinson7
Apr 28, 10:14 PM
@blevins321:
Thanks for the suggestion, it's very useful. I've already done that for my dad, and it works when he saves contacts through the contacts app.
The main issue is that Apple has made it (rightfully so) very intuitive to save a contact from the dialer or recent-calls menu. all you have to do is click the right-arrow and you'll be able to "add to contacts", which dumps it into the iphone-contacts folder, instead of exchange, regardless of the default contact view in the contacts app.
I myself don't add contacts through the contacts app, as I normally key in the number in the dialer then hit the "+" button to create a contact :/
Thanks for the suggestion, it's very useful. I've already done that for my dad, and it works when he saves contacts through the contacts app.
The main issue is that Apple has made it (rightfully so) very intuitive to save a contact from the dialer or recent-calls menu. all you have to do is click the right-arrow and you'll be able to "add to contacts", which dumps it into the iphone-contacts folder, instead of exchange, regardless of the default contact view in the contacts app.
I myself don't add contacts through the contacts app, as I normally key in the number in the dialer then hit the "+" button to create a contact :/

stridemat
Jan 9, 03:57 PM
That is slightly annoying.
more...
MrFusion
Apr 24, 07:52 AM
Basically you are freeing memory you did not malloc/calloc. Your double returnElement within the last loop is requesting space to store a double. This will be on the stack. You are not mallocing or callocing the space for this double (if you did it'd be in the heap). You then memcpy into this space (which is fine: you are allowed to do that). You then free the space that is on the stack. You can't do that. You can't free on the stack. That is automatically done when the current stack frame is popped.
My main concern was that the malloc within the memcpy did not have its own free statement. But, if I understand you correctly, the act of copying from the heap to the stack has the same effect of free()? So free() is only required to release memory that resides on the heap?
If that doesn't make sense (if you don't know what the heap and stack are for example) it's time to learn basic C properly...
Trying to. Understanding basic CPU architecture (heap vs stack) seems useful. I just started watching the MIT opencourseware*. Hopefully it will be in there. If not, any book recommendations?
*ah, so that's what is behind big O notation... cool...
My main concern was that the malloc within the memcpy did not have its own free statement. But, if I understand you correctly, the act of copying from the heap to the stack has the same effect of free()? So free() is only required to release memory that resides on the heap?
If that doesn't make sense (if you don't know what the heap and stack are for example) it's time to learn basic C properly...
Trying to. Understanding basic CPU architecture (heap vs stack) seems useful. I just started watching the MIT opencourseware*. Hopefully it will be in there. If not, any book recommendations?
*ah, so that's what is behind big O notation... cool...

deadwulfe
Mar 30, 06:41 PM
The "right" amount is a bit subjective. WinXP requires 1.5GB of space, but you'll also need room for additional hardware drivers, room for temporary space/virtual memory, and room for games. You'll need to consider how much space your games will need. On my 500GB HDD, I partitioned off 100GB. It's not nearly enough for all the games in my library, but it allows me to have several of them installed while running Win 7.
However, I don't think there's a right answer that anyone other than you can provide. Also, read the Bootcamp message and make sure it supports WinXP. I know the 2011 MBPs do not.
However, I don't think there's a right answer that anyone other than you can provide. Also, read the Bootcamp message and make sure it supports WinXP. I know the 2011 MBPs do not.
more...
ThunderLounge
Oct 27, 08:21 AM
I thought I read (in one of these threads somewhere) where someone had stuck it on a PowerBook and it was faster then it had been before the upgrade.
I might try it on my wife's iMac G4, just for kicks. I haven't upgraded it at all (it's still on Jaguar) so it might be an interesting time.
Anybody going down to Ft. Worth next weekend? :D
I might try it on my wife's iMac G4, just for kicks. I haven't upgraded it at all (it's still on Jaguar) so it might be an interesting time.
Anybody going down to Ft. Worth next weekend? :D

Durandal7
Jul 7, 04:06 AM
The ID is the number in the URL of your profile
i.e. http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1329
1329 being the ID number.
It indicates when you joined in relation to everyone else.
i.e. http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1329
1329 being the ID number.
It indicates when you joined in relation to everyone else.
more...

gattamelata
Jun 18, 08:32 PM
park on the 4th floor. enter the garage from joppa rd. if there's a line, this is probably where it is.

racedude
May 4, 06:39 PM
Current iOS on Verizon does not support video airplay
It does have audio airplay however.
It does have audio airplay however.
more...
Unorthodox
Oct 16, 06:11 PM
Eh, if nobody likes it at least we had fun trying to tape it like 50 times.
I'll be posting bloopers that happened during recording probably tomorrow seeing as we have another snow day in 60�*weather :D.
It's amazing how a 45 second video clip can take 300 takes when you're doing it with a friend/s. :)
Did you fight over who got to be Mac?
Now that might be funny.
"I'm a Mac."
"No, I'm a Mac."
"No, I'm a Mac."
"I'M A MAC!"
"You're a PC and I'm a Mac!"
"Insults will get you nowhere."
"You're a PC. You're a PC."
"TAKE THAT BACK!"
"PC! PC! PC!"
"Mac! Mac! Mac!"
"PC! PC! PC!"
I'll be posting bloopers that happened during recording probably tomorrow seeing as we have another snow day in 60�*weather :D.
It's amazing how a 45 second video clip can take 300 takes when you're doing it with a friend/s. :)
Did you fight over who got to be Mac?
Now that might be funny.
"I'm a Mac."
"No, I'm a Mac."
"No, I'm a Mac."
"I'M A MAC!"
"You're a PC and I'm a Mac!"
"Insults will get you nowhere."
"You're a PC. You're a PC."
"TAKE THAT BACK!"
"PC! PC! PC!"
"Mac! Mac! Mac!"
"PC! PC! PC!"
djsound
Mar 29, 03:58 PM
So I have often wondered why this happens. Some fonts (including Candara) shift the baseline (or something) of some numbers and I have no idea why. Does anyone know why? I have attached a photo so you can see what I mean..
more...
crazzyeddie
Dec 6, 01:43 PM
After reading the review, they have some benchmarks in there that are favorable (around 30fps at 1440x900 on Quake 4). This is their final conclusion:
Our release-concerns aside, hopefully the Radeon X1600 will be a good quality part when it shows up. As for the MRX1600, medium to high quality graphics settings are playable on the ASUS A7V's native 1440x900 panel, and that's about all we can say right now. The mid-range mobile market has generally been very strong for ATI, and this part looks to have a good balance of power and efficient performance.
Looks promising, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Nvidia or the current 9700 in the next-gen Powerbooks.
Our release-concerns aside, hopefully the Radeon X1600 will be a good quality part when it shows up. As for the MRX1600, medium to high quality graphics settings are playable on the ASUS A7V's native 1440x900 panel, and that's about all we can say right now. The mid-range mobile market has generally been very strong for ATI, and this part looks to have a good balance of power and efficient performance.
Looks promising, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Nvidia or the current 9700 in the next-gen Powerbooks.
Peyote
Dec 20, 05:58 PM
Dynamic Range was one thing I was about to mention. I don't know a lot about 35MM only scanners, but I know that when I'm looking for a flatbed scanner, I won't buy anything with a DMax under 3.4. Even 3.4 is pushing it IMHO, and really 3.8 is where it's at.
That is an often overlooked specification. It basically tells you how wide of a range of contrast it can scan. The higher the better.
That is an often overlooked specification. It basically tells you how wide of a range of contrast it can scan. The higher the better.
more...
Oirectine
Jun 16, 02:07 AM
I would kinda like to find a website where flame wars were cherished, trolls were honored, and bitter insults were extolled.
Of course, I appreciate and enjoy the close community that has formed here too much to want MacRumors to be that site, but I would like my occassional craving for flaming to be satisfied somewhere.
http://www.adequacy.org/ !
And, as much as I hate to say it, http://www.kuro5hin.org/ is full of jerkish trolls. *sigh*
PS: What do you have against Best Buy?
Of course, I appreciate and enjoy the close community that has formed here too much to want MacRumors to be that site, but I would like my occassional craving for flaming to be satisfied somewhere.
http://www.adequacy.org/ !
And, as much as I hate to say it, http://www.kuro5hin.org/ is full of jerkish trolls. *sigh*
PS: What do you have against Best Buy?
Jasonbot
Apr 16, 02:21 PM
My real name is Max-So it's gotta have Max
I like Apple-So it needs an "i"
I'm not that great at gaming-SO therefore add noob or N00b
I love Xbox 360 and Wii-need a 360 and maybe 2 i's
So...
iMax360
iN00b
iMaxii
WiiMax
Wii60
i360
iWii
Max360
Maxnoob
N00b2t3hMAX
i
Max
MaxBox360
A.N.Other
I like Apple-So it needs an "i"
I'm not that great at gaming-SO therefore add noob or N00b
I love Xbox 360 and Wii-need a 360 and maybe 2 i's
So...
iMax360
iN00b
iMaxii
WiiMax
Wii60
i360
iWii
Max360
Maxnoob
N00b2t3hMAX
i
Max
MaxBox360
A.N.Other
stevemiller
Feb 19, 06:37 PM
I'm serious.
i am being crushed under the weight of the seriousness of this thread.
i am being crushed under the weight of the seriousness of this thread.
munkle
Nov 9, 09:41 PM
Didn't get the ad screen for me but I've stopped visiting SpyMac a loong time ago.
And yes I hate those animated adverts, makes me vow to never buy the product that's being advertising. Had an odd situation on another website awhile ago, where the page would never render correctly in Safari when a Microsoft Office banner came up. If it was any other ad then the page would render fine, if it was Microsoft's turn then I would have to use Firefox...conspiracy I tell you! :eek: :p
And yes I hate those animated adverts, makes me vow to never buy the product that's being advertising. Had an odd situation on another website awhile ago, where the page would never render correctly in Safari when a Microsoft Office banner came up. If it was any other ad then the page would render fine, if it was Microsoft's turn then I would have to use Firefox...conspiracy I tell you! :eek: :p
dolphindolphin
Feb 24, 03:22 PM
Yup, same thing going on for me.
Icaras
May 5, 12:42 AM
Planning on ordering a new 2011 iMac with a 256GB SSD and 2TB drive.
Current 2010 iMac hard drive has one drive with about 375GB.
In previous migrations - it was as simple as booting the source Mac with the "T" and allowing the transfer via Firewire.
The full image will not fit on the 256GB SSD. I know I can manually move user files to an external drive and reduce the image for a full copy and then move that data to the HD on the new iMac.
Any better suggestions?
Good question and thread. I'm in the same situation...I have roughly 400GB on my current drive and am planning to move to the dual hard drive setup as well....I was originally thinking of restoring from my Time Machine, but deselecting my Music folder, as thats where basically most of my space goes to, then manually dragging that from Time Machine onto the 1 or 2 TB HD.
This is the best I can think of at the moment. I'd love to hear other ideas though too.
Current 2010 iMac hard drive has one drive with about 375GB.
In previous migrations - it was as simple as booting the source Mac with the "T" and allowing the transfer via Firewire.
The full image will not fit on the 256GB SSD. I know I can manually move user files to an external drive and reduce the image for a full copy and then move that data to the HD on the new iMac.
Any better suggestions?
Good question and thread. I'm in the same situation...I have roughly 400GB on my current drive and am planning to move to the dual hard drive setup as well....I was originally thinking of restoring from my Time Machine, but deselecting my Music folder, as thats where basically most of my space goes to, then manually dragging that from Time Machine onto the 1 or 2 TB HD.
This is the best I can think of at the moment. I'd love to hear other ideas though too.
Jaffa Cake
Feb 8, 03:56 PM
He died from a wound to his right calf?-- that a chicken inflicted?-- in two hours?Do you think there was more to it � maybe fowl play was involved?
cocacolakid
May 4, 03:03 PM
Getting to the point, for video cards try lowendmac.com they have forums dedicated to ppc and I'm sure they have all the different and best cards available for your g5.
It's actually a group and not a typical forum, but it has hundreds of helpful members. Here's the link (http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml) to a page about it, and the link (http://groups.google.com/group/g3-5-list?pli=1) to the actual google group.
It's actually a group and not a typical forum, but it has hundreds of helpful members. Here's the link (http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml) to a page about it, and the link (http://groups.google.com/group/g3-5-list?pli=1) to the actual google group.


No comments:
Post a Comment