Lord Blackadder
Sep 7, 09:59 AM
Lance has said he'll retire or has even retired before I think, but coming out of retirement 'just to p*ss them off' is a bit lame.
Well, I don't think he'd go to that much trouble just to taunt the French media...If he does race I think the reason will be because that's what he does, and he doesn't want to stop.
Although, maybe it would be better for him to start competing in other Tours like the Giro d'Italia - he's already put his stamp firmly on the Tour de France.
PS. Don't diss MJ - you run a good chance of being struck down.... ;)
LOL, I never was much of a basketball fan but it was sad to see such a legend fade away like he did - it was just too hard to let go.
Well, I don't think he'd go to that much trouble just to taunt the French media...If he does race I think the reason will be because that's what he does, and he doesn't want to stop.
Although, maybe it would be better for him to start competing in other Tours like the Giro d'Italia - he's already put his stamp firmly on the Tour de France.
PS. Don't diss MJ - you run a good chance of being struck down.... ;)
LOL, I never was much of a basketball fan but it was sad to see such a legend fade away like he did - it was just too hard to let go.
tsugaru
May 7, 03:45 AM
What's the difference anyway (besides of the brand)?
Is one faster? more silent? more durable?
Seagate has gone down in the last couple of years in terms of build quality and reliability. I have had nothing but good things to say about Western Digital drives.
The current iMac 27" I have (the 3rd one I've received from Apple,) was fitted with a Seagate drive. I regret not keeping the first iMac I received with the cracked glass, as that had a Western Digital drive in it. The WD drive was much quieter. Performance is probably a wash, but I'll take the silence anyday, short of putting a Green/5x00rpm drive inside.
I know the 2TB WD Caviar Blacks are fairly loud, but my new one is staying with a 1TB drive. Hope I get the WD.
Is one faster? more silent? more durable?
Seagate has gone down in the last couple of years in terms of build quality and reliability. I have had nothing but good things to say about Western Digital drives.
The current iMac 27" I have (the 3rd one I've received from Apple,) was fitted with a Seagate drive. I regret not keeping the first iMac I received with the cracked glass, as that had a Western Digital drive in it. The WD drive was much quieter. Performance is probably a wash, but I'll take the silence anyday, short of putting a Green/5x00rpm drive inside.
I know the 2TB WD Caviar Blacks are fairly loud, but my new one is staying with a 1TB drive. Hope I get the WD.
DroidRules
Apr 14, 12:02 PM
How about this one :) A real RED iPhone 4
I have no problem with the red i4, rather like it as a matter of fact. The rest of the phone is the most hideous looking thing I have ever seen.
I have no problem with the red i4, rather like it as a matter of fact. The rest of the phone is the most hideous looking thing I have ever seen.
xper
Feb 9, 10:27 PM
Most useless thread i ever seen in my entire life
more...
TodVader
Dec 4, 01:39 PM
That's a good thing that the shuffle can be disabled. Idd still like a screen to actually see what I'm listening to.
crojack
Jan 8, 05:52 PM
thanks for the quick reply.
One reason I want to do this is because the hd on my imac is filling up quickly, and if I am going to use a separate hd for storage, I might as well use the g5, right?
So, with vnc on than I can control the g5 from my iMac?
One reason I want to do this is because the hd on my imac is filling up quickly, and if I am going to use a separate hd for storage, I might as well use the g5, right?
So, with vnc on than I can control the g5 from my iMac?
more...
nightelf
Dec 14, 07:47 PM
Very nice :D
roadbloc
Apr 27, 06:06 PM
I agree that SL isn't the best of Apple's OS's. Hopefully it is Apple's Vista and Lion will be Apple's 7.
more...
jph.daulte
Feb 15, 12:21 PM
The "HasShadow property is obsolete" message is harmless. It's there to tell whoever wrote the program that's generating the message to update their code to conform to Apple's guidelines.]
[EDIT: I happen to know that ATY is ATI's internal code for their graphics cards. Perhaps the graphics card in your iBook is dying.
Ok, thanks, but as you know, ATI on Mac are only upgraded by Apple, and in Extensions file , it is a lot of recent ATI Rage plugin, (iBook is ATI Rage M7 AGP (ATY, Bee_B)... It seems not to be one ATI for iBook32Mb...
... dying... As I wrote before, in "safe mode" the display works quite good...
[EDIT: I happen to know that ATY is ATI's internal code for their graphics cards. Perhaps the graphics card in your iBook is dying.
Ok, thanks, but as you know, ATI on Mac are only upgraded by Apple, and in Extensions file , it is a lot of recent ATI Rage plugin, (iBook is ATI Rage M7 AGP (ATY, Bee_B)... It seems not to be one ATI for iBook32Mb...
... dying... As I wrote before, in "safe mode" the display works quite good...
MarximusMG
Dec 14, 07:51 PM
There are a lot of lessons to be learned here. It's a new world out there.
I just couldn't believe how quickly the entire thing escalated!
I just couldn't believe how quickly the entire thing escalated!
more...
systole
Apr 3, 03:41 PM
http://www.vandyke.com/products/securecrt/mac_osx.html
Best serial and terminal emulator available on the Mac. This was my one holdout from the PC world for the longest time
I just found a student pricing form buried on the site for a $20 educational license here (http://www.vandyke.com/pricing/educational/applications/student.html). Will hatve to shoo them an email.
Thanks for all the replies, Guess I just need to create a basic template with ssh access enabled and a dhcp pool to enable direct ssh access. I'll have to try cu now that I have my new mac. thanks for the tip Andrew
Best serial and terminal emulator available on the Mac. This was my one holdout from the PC world for the longest time
I just found a student pricing form buried on the site for a $20 educational license here (http://www.vandyke.com/pricing/educational/applications/student.html). Will hatve to shoo them an email.
Thanks for all the replies, Guess I just need to create a basic template with ssh access enabled and a dhcp pool to enable direct ssh access. I'll have to try cu now that I have my new mac. thanks for the tip Andrew
zoetropeuk
Apr 16, 05:01 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that adding hdmi to the box is more or less a marketing ploy rather than a necessity.
This is what alot of people believe but try and find a 1080p HDTV in the UK that can display 1080p from a source other than HDMI. All the major brands of HDTVs I looked at will only display a 1080p from HDMI although you can use component to display 1080i. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a 1080p set though.
Matt
This is what alot of people believe but try and find a 1080p HDTV in the UK that can display 1080p from a source other than HDMI. All the major brands of HDTVs I looked at will only display a 1080p from HDMI although you can use component to display 1080i. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a 1080p set though.
Matt
more...
Moof1904
Feb 23, 07:58 PM
I guess I'm even more lame in Terminal than I thought. The volume name is "New Volume" and I'm having trouble changing to the correct directory. Terminal keeps telling me No such file or directory.
Apple...
Jan 19, 09:15 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Keep it and enjoy using it.
playing the old games etc
I think that's just what I'll do. ;)
Keep it and enjoy using it.
playing the old games etc
I think that's just what I'll do. ;)
more...
BanjoBanker
Nov 30, 07:48 PM
That really sucks! There should be some recourse for this couple, that sort of thing really should be disclosed by the seller.:eek:
iBlue
Jul 22, 04:08 AM
Have they checked that they are not just props left by the Doctor Who production team?
:D
Wasn't this already known? My (somewhat) fuzzy memory seems to recall that Time Team were there for 6 summers and found this, along with a ceremonial route, evidence of many, many structures (wooden and stone) and lots and lots of human remains in the immediate area surrounding Stonehenge.
You must concentrate, try to remember. It may just completely unearth it all back into existence!
Oh I'm sorry, wrong meeting.
:D
Wasn't this already known? My (somewhat) fuzzy memory seems to recall that Time Team were there for 6 summers and found this, along with a ceremonial route, evidence of many, many structures (wooden and stone) and lots and lots of human remains in the immediate area surrounding Stonehenge.
You must concentrate, try to remember. It may just completely unearth it all back into existence!
Oh I'm sorry, wrong meeting.
more...
baby duck monge
Jan 12, 08:50 PM
you could also use adiumx as your chat program if you don't already. there is a script you can download to control hidden dock prefs, etc, that would let you turn that on and off.
Mike1980
Jun 16, 04:42 PM
I was gonna head down, means an early early start though! I was about 30th in the queue for the 3g - but 7th to leave the store - but that wasn't until like 1330! with all the issues signing up to o2.
nerdykarim
Sep 23, 03:00 PM
i'm in search of three ipod shuffles and i need them as cheap as possible. iirc, the apple store for education is selling refurbs (which are okay, as long as they're apple recertifieds) for 79 each. if anyone can find something for 69 (or less!) please let me know. i need them as giveaways for a program at my school.
thanks...i appreciate it.
thanks...i appreciate it.
hohohong
Mar 26, 03:49 PM
I wanna know if the other way round, originally asked by OP works?
AKA AT&T iPad 2 data only microsim and plugged into iPhone 4 (with the correct "blank" APN setting)
Anyone?
Thanks in advance!
AKA AT&T iPad 2 data only microsim and plugged into iPhone 4 (with the correct "blank" APN setting)
Anyone?
Thanks in advance!
JPark
Feb 20, 05:52 PM
I already donated and came over to macrumors to plead his case. I'm glad you beat me to it.
Well... it WILL set a precedent and you will see apple going after jailbreakers... And they have MORE muscle than SONY.
Now.. on the other side...
If Geohot wants a donation... Jailbreak 4.3 untethered and you will get a handsome donation from me.
There is supposedly an untethered Jailbreak for 4.3 ready, but they generally wait until the actual release of an OS revision so that Apple doesn't patch whatever hole they're using. Wait to hold your breath until Apple releases the final rev of 4.3.
Well... it WILL set a precedent and you will see apple going after jailbreakers... And they have MORE muscle than SONY.
Now.. on the other side...
If Geohot wants a donation... Jailbreak 4.3 untethered and you will get a handsome donation from me.
There is supposedly an untethered Jailbreak for 4.3 ready, but they generally wait until the actual release of an OS revision so that Apple doesn't patch whatever hole they're using. Wait to hold your breath until Apple releases the final rev of 4.3.
JoeG4
Feb 15, 04:21 PM
I'd say anything that comes in a plastic bubble, but the item packaging I despise the most? BAKERY PACKAGES. Pretty much everything from cookies to cakes comes in that brittle + hard plastic container that is huge and can't be crushed to fit in a recycling bin conveniently. My last half-sheet cake came in one of these things :O That's huge!
I don't understand what's wrong with selling cookies in cardboard boxes, with perhaps plastic film so you can see the cookies? Or why not just stick em in paper bags like Lucky does?
The only other form of packaging I think of that constantly gets on my nerves is battery packaging.
I don't understand what's wrong with selling cookies in cardboard boxes, with perhaps plastic film so you can see the cookies? Or why not just stick em in paper bags like Lucky does?
The only other form of packaging I think of that constantly gets on my nerves is battery packaging.
Nightarchaon
May 3, 03:41 PM
Unless they change the power supply the only thing really to update is either the price or the capacity.
I thought they had fixed the capacitor problem. The first batch (1 year+) was dying, but have they continued to die for newer models?
ive had, the original 512gb die at 14months, a 2Tb die at 8 months, and another "2nd gen" 1Tb die at 14 months.
the only thing they "fixed" was a firmware update that keeps the HDD spun down as much as possible to minimise heat build up and turns the internal useless fan on low almost all the time, the components in my original TM and the new TM are identical apart from the upgrade double antenna WIFI and bigger HDD.
apple will ignore a design fault if they can "patch around it" and potentially fix it if they can be bothered to way down the line
I thought they had fixed the capacitor problem. The first batch (1 year+) was dying, but have they continued to die for newer models?
ive had, the original 512gb die at 14months, a 2Tb die at 8 months, and another "2nd gen" 1Tb die at 14 months.
the only thing they "fixed" was a firmware update that keeps the HDD spun down as much as possible to minimise heat build up and turns the internal useless fan on low almost all the time, the components in my original TM and the new TM are identical apart from the upgrade double antenna WIFI and bigger HDD.
apple will ignore a design fault if they can "patch around it" and potentially fix it if they can be bothered to way down the line
Tampa Tom
Oct 19, 08:35 PM
...but the line was so long we went to Crazy Buffet to eat sushi and came back at 9. We'll be there for the Big Cat. Hope they're handing out scratch cards with neat prizes.


No comments:
Post a Comment