Blinkwing
Nov 30, 09:13 PM
Had it since the day it came out via dodgy methods.
Like people have said, no reason to limit it to NA up to now ...
Like people have said, no reason to limit it to NA up to now ...
WesCole
Apr 22, 03:28 PM
Thanks again. :)
DaiKirai
Feb 16, 01:13 PM
For Firefox, is there a reason you're using Tabbrowser Extensions and not Tabbrowser Preferences?
ktbubster
Jun 23, 06:03 PM
replied - and added the top cases for 12inchers g3 and g4 (trackpad/powerbutton etc)
I also have some speakers, and other random interior components and LOTS of frames.
I also have some speakers, and other random interior components and LOTS of frames.
more...
dlee96
May 2, 12:53 PM
With the plastic clips, the springs were required to maintain pressure between the heatsink and the CPU. You don't need the springs if you're using screws and nuts. I used nylon screws and nylon lock nuts. I see temps a few degrees lower than yours while encoding. Remember not to use too much thermal paste.
I've recently installed a 2.33ghz c2d chip in my old 1.66 cd mac mini. The performance boost has been great!
I've noticed temps have gotten a little high while running encodes and such... around low - mid 90s C while handbrake is encoding. I know this is still within operating temperature, but i'd like them to be a little lower.
I managed to keep the plastic clips from breaking while installing my cpu. I've been thinking about replacing the nylon clips with some nylon screws, like others have mentioned.
My question, Do people use the springs that came with the clips when installing the screws? Or do people just screw the heatsink down snug to the cpu without the springs?
Thanks,
I've recently installed a 2.33ghz c2d chip in my old 1.66 cd mac mini. The performance boost has been great!
I've noticed temps have gotten a little high while running encodes and such... around low - mid 90s C while handbrake is encoding. I know this is still within operating temperature, but i'd like them to be a little lower.
I managed to keep the plastic clips from breaking while installing my cpu. I've been thinking about replacing the nylon clips with some nylon screws, like others have mentioned.
My question, Do people use the springs that came with the clips when installing the screws? Or do people just screw the heatsink down snug to the cpu without the springs?
Thanks,
PixelOz
Jan 3, 10:53 PM
Regenerating Nostalgia - Apple Wallpaper HD
This is a wallpaper that I did in Blender 3D as a tribute to the golden days of computing in the 80s when computers still had limited colors and sound and when they still had limited multimedia capabilities but they were starting to move very fast in that direction.
Those were the days when personal computers were starting to move into the mainstream which led to their eventual acceptance in the 90s as another household item so the pretty logo may bring back some fond memories for some people.
It's in many resolutions from 1024 x 768 all the way to 2560 x 1600 pixels in several different aspect ratios like 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, etc. and I also adapted it to 4:6 ratio IPhone format with 320 x 480 resolution and also 640 x 960 resolution. I used very little compression to preserve a higher quality. The IPhone versions were cropped from the high res render so they are not as optimal but they still look a bit good and they also have the old Apple letters logo in them.
I wanted to do something in 3D with a pseudo sci-fi theme cause I like sci-fi a lot. It was started in Blender 2.49b and finished in Blender 2.5x (about the second half of the work) and one of the reasons that I moved it to the new Blender fast was because it had a much faster renderer and I was planing to use the internal Blender renderer only and see what it could do cause it has become quite capable and one can get pretty decent results with it with a little bit of effort.
It took quite a while to render (like a day and a half) even on a i7 2.66 Ghz CPU with all 8 threads cause I rendered it in very high resolution and it uses ambient occlusion and quite a few lights with many samples. It also has some post processing in Photoshop CS4 for some glow effects and a bit of correction of color and light in some areas.
So there it is, I hope that some people from the old school of computing and/or sci-fi fans like me and others like it. You can modify it as long as it is for your own personal use.
You can download it from here:
Deviantart:
http://fav.me/d36deof
Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gvfcwrdz7c3o2i7/RegeneratingNostalgia-AppleWallpaperVer1-0.zip
This is a wallpaper that I did in Blender 3D as a tribute to the golden days of computing in the 80s when computers still had limited colors and sound and when they still had limited multimedia capabilities but they were starting to move very fast in that direction.
Those were the days when personal computers were starting to move into the mainstream which led to their eventual acceptance in the 90s as another household item so the pretty logo may bring back some fond memories for some people.
It's in many resolutions from 1024 x 768 all the way to 2560 x 1600 pixels in several different aspect ratios like 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, etc. and I also adapted it to 4:6 ratio IPhone format with 320 x 480 resolution and also 640 x 960 resolution. I used very little compression to preserve a higher quality. The IPhone versions were cropped from the high res render so they are not as optimal but they still look a bit good and they also have the old Apple letters logo in them.
I wanted to do something in 3D with a pseudo sci-fi theme cause I like sci-fi a lot. It was started in Blender 2.49b and finished in Blender 2.5x (about the second half of the work) and one of the reasons that I moved it to the new Blender fast was because it had a much faster renderer and I was planing to use the internal Blender renderer only and see what it could do cause it has become quite capable and one can get pretty decent results with it with a little bit of effort.
It took quite a while to render (like a day and a half) even on a i7 2.66 Ghz CPU with all 8 threads cause I rendered it in very high resolution and it uses ambient occlusion and quite a few lights with many samples. It also has some post processing in Photoshop CS4 for some glow effects and a bit of correction of color and light in some areas.
So there it is, I hope that some people from the old school of computing and/or sci-fi fans like me and others like it. You can modify it as long as it is for your own personal use.
You can download it from here:
Deviantart:
http://fav.me/d36deof
Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gvfcwrdz7c3o2i7/RegeneratingNostalgia-AppleWallpaperVer1-0.zip
more...
Rodimus Prime
Feb 22, 03:40 PM
So the US kind of sucks with the stock market. We can't do After Hours trading like other countries can, so if the market is crashing we are screwed. Not to mention the media can tape Jobs walking akwardly out of the cancer place and the stock drops more than 20$. Kind of like insider trading in a way.
Anyways I am writing to see what people think about the market constantly dropping because of these 3rd world countries fighting over leadership. Thoughts? Anyone lost money if you own Apple stock because of this mess or any other stocks?
tell you the truth a closing the market is a good thing to prevent crashing. Otherwise it would drop even faster than it does. Market already has rules in place if a stock is dropping to quickly it is shut down and closed for the remainder of the day to protect it from getting out hand and fear taking over.
Anyways I am writing to see what people think about the market constantly dropping because of these 3rd world countries fighting over leadership. Thoughts? Anyone lost money if you own Apple stock because of this mess or any other stocks?
tell you the truth a closing the market is a good thing to prevent crashing. Otherwise it would drop even faster than it does. Market already has rules in place if a stock is dropping to quickly it is shut down and closed for the remainder of the day to protect it from getting out hand and fear taking over.
macgeek18
Dec 25, 06:37 PM
My laptop and iPod. I would die without Pandora.
Also my wonderful fiance and my Lord Jesus.
Also my wonderful fiance and my Lord Jesus.
more...
Eduardo1971
May 6, 05:16 PM
My 3G S iPhone died and I ended up replacing it with the iPhone 4.
When I was at the Apple Store the sales person brought up the two current AT&T iPhone data plans--my $30 unlimited iPhone Data plan was the other option.
The salesperson asked me if I wanted to change my data plan or if I wanted to continue with the unlimited plan.
I continued with my unlimited plan. I was also worried that they would have downgrade me to one of the capped iPhone data plans-glad that wasn't the case.
When I was at the Apple Store the sales person brought up the two current AT&T iPhone data plans--my $30 unlimited iPhone Data plan was the other option.
The salesperson asked me if I wanted to change my data plan or if I wanted to continue with the unlimited plan.
I continued with my unlimited plan. I was also worried that they would have downgrade me to one of the capped iPhone data plans-glad that wasn't the case.
obeygiant
Aug 4, 08:11 AM
I didn't see any lights last night. *aww shucks*
more...
MrMac'n'Cheese
Apr 12, 07:26 PM
Spring for a 3DS, that way you will be set for the next generation as well :p
Sparky's
Nov 7, 08:28 PM
InCrease seems to be working fine I went from #139 to #132 in 3 days using it on all my machines :D
more...
macEfan
Dec 10, 01:40 PM
yes, the ethernt card, the motherboard, and the cooling fan , and power supply are going to skoker....
the floppy drive goes to mxlews
sorry, guys, I still have to figure out shipping :)
And the rest are already gone!
thanks guys for cleaning out my closet :)
the floppy drive goes to mxlews
sorry, guys, I still have to figure out shipping :)
And the rest are already gone!
thanks guys for cleaning out my closet :)
balamw
Dec 6, 08:12 PM
Thanks in advance.
Aren't there just some springy clips that you need to push in on either side of the rear, then you just pull up on the cover (from very distant memory and corroborated by this instructable http://www.instructables.com/id/Replace-an-Apple-IIGS-clock-battery/).
Remove the cover. You already know how to do this–just push in the locking buttons located on either side of the back of the case, and pull up gently on the cover.
EDIT: You just have to love the internet: http://www.apple-iigs.info/doc/fichiers/iigshardref.pdf
B
Aren't there just some springy clips that you need to push in on either side of the rear, then you just pull up on the cover (from very distant memory and corroborated by this instructable http://www.instructables.com/id/Replace-an-Apple-IIGS-clock-battery/).
Remove the cover. You already know how to do this–just push in the locking buttons located on either side of the back of the case, and pull up gently on the cover.
EDIT: You just have to love the internet: http://www.apple-iigs.info/doc/fichiers/iigshardref.pdf
B
more...
Applejuiced
Feb 9, 01:01 PM
Yes, I can hear you now:cool:
Lol :D
http://www.apple-iphone.net/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/f02ce_Screen-shot-2011-02-04-at-09.25.36-642x502.png
Lol :D
http://www.apple-iphone.net/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/f02ce_Screen-shot-2011-02-04-at-09.25.36-642x502.png

Unstupid
Mar 11, 03:51 PM
Maybe the line is somewhere else.... You should go check! :D
more...
.jpg)
GFLPraxis
Mar 16, 02:07 PM
I'm thinking of buying some stock in nuclear.
cmckee@therober
Sep 27, 05:14 PM
I have a Blue/white G3 at home and I need to upgrade, but can't afford to get what I would really like (a G5). I have 21" apple monitor, keyboard and mouse. And, I use all the graphics software: Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Does anyone think this the lowest model of the mini macs is a good purchase for a couple of years? I know it will be out of date quicker than some of my other options. But, my monitor is really good, so I think I shouldn't go the emac or imac route. Any suggestions or thoughts out there? I appreciate it.
alphaod
Jun 10, 10:51 AM
When Apple changed their name from Apple Computer to just Apple it was when they cared more about iPods and iPhones than the computer.
Archman!
Apr 27, 09:11 AM
I would recommend the Nikon 18-200mm VR. It has a great range and can do the work of two or three lenes. Its a little pricey but you may be able to find a good used deal somewhere.
zimv20
Jul 8, 01:55 PM
okay, i think this is it.
i cannot browse below ~/Documents by going to 127.0.0.1/~zim. but i can browse freely by going to 127.0.0.1.
dunno what the deal is, but at least i have a solution. and what i said above about ditching the link at /Library/WebServer/Documents/Documents should be ignored. it's needed.
wasn't this fun? :-)
i cannot browse below ~/Documents by going to 127.0.0.1/~zim. but i can browse freely by going to 127.0.0.1.
dunno what the deal is, but at least i have a solution. and what i said above about ditching the link at /Library/WebServer/Documents/Documents should be ignored. it's needed.
wasn't this fun? :-)
snaky69
Apr 25, 02:19 PM
Hi,
Has anyone been able to force an apple store to guarantee a Lion O/S upgrade for free with the purchase of a Macbook pro now?
Just curious.
Thanks!
Why would you be able to, apple owes you nothing and you aren't entitled to anything either.
Has anyone been able to force an apple store to guarantee a Lion O/S upgrade for free with the purchase of a Macbook pro now?
Just curious.
Thanks!
Why would you be able to, apple owes you nothing and you aren't entitled to anything either.
Blaaze
Dec 21, 05:57 AM
Haha. I agree. The guy's like nightcrawler. Kind of goofy, but I liked the logo thing in the end, that was nicely done I think.
azdude
Jan 9, 11:16 PM
ProBand, anyone?


No comments:
Post a Comment