Hexley
May 4, 10:29 PM
Can any of the 2011 iMac owners check if any of the components in their newly bought iMac operate underclocked?
Apple has, in the past, been known to do this to maintain a certain power consumption or thermal level.
This could explain some of the "low" scores we are seeing of late.
Apple has, in the past, been known to do this to maintain a certain power consumption or thermal level.
This could explain some of the "low" scores we are seeing of late.
MrMacMan
Oct 20, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Blackspot was a very active user of the Mac collecters section, he had a pretty big collection.
Ha, Blackspot ran alot of stuff around... everywhere.
Blackspot was a very active user of the Mac collecters section, he had a pretty big collection.
Ha, Blackspot ran alot of stuff around... everywhere.
philipt42
Aug 21, 09:56 PM
I second Amazon. I've gotten (usable) CDs for 10 cents. People just get rid of their cds for hardly any money.
chown33
Apr 23, 06:53 PM
Thanks! Your answer helped. So now I know that <**> are only for system provided classes. I used quotes for Fraction.h and it worked.
The example that I used had everything dumped in the main .m file along with the main function.
I'm glad you got it working, but please be specific in the future about what you did, and what the book told you to do. Accuracy is important in programming. Books are specific about what to do because the author knows what works and what doesn't, and has given accurate instructions on what to do that works.
If you're working from a book, and they show you what to put into a file, you should put exactly that into a file. So if your book showed you to put everything dumped into the main.m file, then that's what you should do.
However, if they showed you something else, then dumping everything into a single main.m file is asking for trouble, because you don't know all the consequences of what you're doing.
If the book showed "Fraction.h", then that's what you should use. If they showed <Fraction.h> and it didn't work, then that's an error in the book.
Do not make changes to what a book tells you unless you fully understand what the consequences are. And if you're a beginner, then almost by definition, a beginner does not fully understand all the consequences. If you did understand all the consequences, you wouldn't be a beginner.
The example that I used had everything dumped in the main .m file along with the main function.
I'm glad you got it working, but please be specific in the future about what you did, and what the book told you to do. Accuracy is important in programming. Books are specific about what to do because the author knows what works and what doesn't, and has given accurate instructions on what to do that works.
If you're working from a book, and they show you what to put into a file, you should put exactly that into a file. So if your book showed you to put everything dumped into the main.m file, then that's what you should do.
However, if they showed you something else, then dumping everything into a single main.m file is asking for trouble, because you don't know all the consequences of what you're doing.
If the book showed "Fraction.h", then that's what you should use. If they showed <Fraction.h> and it didn't work, then that's an error in the book.
Do not make changes to what a book tells you unless you fully understand what the consequences are. And if you're a beginner, then almost by definition, a beginner does not fully understand all the consequences. If you did understand all the consequences, you wouldn't be a beginner.
more...
iVeBeenDrinkin'
Apr 3, 12:10 AM
What will happen if you lose your car and house keys?
AJ Muni
Sep 27, 08:33 PM
http://www.datamem.com/parts_that_fit_view.asp_Q_K_E_220534_A_M_E_PowerBook+G4+1%2E5GHz+%28M9690LL%2FA%29+12%22_A_MF_E_Appl e_A_C_E_
how about that one?? i kinda wanna save her some money...so thats why i was looking into the one a newegg, but if this is the best price $144...then ill have to get this one..
how about that one?? i kinda wanna save her some money...so thats why i was looking into the one a newegg, but if this is the best price $144...then ill have to get this one..
more...
guzhogi
Aug 3, 09:28 AM
I wonder if this also resolves the magenta-shifting of highlights that I've been experiencing with Canon EOS 1D3 and PowerShot S60 .CR2 files...
If not, have you filed a bug report?
If not, have you filed a bug report?
TheMacBookPro
Apr 29, 02:32 AM
XP/Vista/7?
more...
SamIchi
Apr 16, 02:48 PM
Max Powers!
Simpson's refrence. :D
Simpson's refrence. :D
DeaconGraves
May 4, 11:00 PM
thank you soo much dude!!
oh, will this erase anything?
and do u no how i can get snow leopard back?
No, that will not erase everything, but what it will hopefully do is direct your computer to your startup disk so you will get back into Lion to do what you need (maybe back everything up?)
The re-install snow leopard insert your DVD, then restart the computer. Hold down the option bottom when you here the chimes and hold it until your boot options appear. One of them will be the DVD. Select it and wait for the installer to load (it may take a while). But honestly, get your paper done first and worry about that tomorrow.
oh, will this erase anything?
and do u no how i can get snow leopard back?
No, that will not erase everything, but what it will hopefully do is direct your computer to your startup disk so you will get back into Lion to do what you need (maybe back everything up?)
The re-install snow leopard insert your DVD, then restart the computer. Hold down the option bottom when you here the chimes and hold it until your boot options appear. One of them will be the DVD. Select it and wait for the installer to load (it may take a while). But honestly, get your paper done first and worry about that tomorrow.
more...
olafurjon92
Apr 26, 06:57 AM
I was wondering about that too. I'd buy it.
emw
Dec 28, 03:41 PM
If by "too many times" you mean less than, say, 100, you shouldn't have any problems.
When purchasing a used computer, your best best is to do an erase and install of the OS, during which time you can select the installation options (such as languages, etc.) that you need. Most likely this will result in less disk space being used vs. more, depending upon how the system was originally installed.
Deleting system files manually is probably something you shouldn't be doing if you're not familiar with how everything works together.
Edit: I assume this is related to this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=169507) thread?
When purchasing a used computer, your best best is to do an erase and install of the OS, during which time you can select the installation options (such as languages, etc.) that you need. Most likely this will result in less disk space being used vs. more, depending upon how the system was originally installed.
Deleting system files manually is probably something you shouldn't be doing if you're not familiar with how everything works together.
Edit: I assume this is related to this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=169507) thread?
more...
joeloud
Oct 24, 02:47 AM
Now I'm wondering, they say the first 500 people there will get a free T-shirt, is that the first 500 that actually buy Leopard, or the first 500 that walk into the store? I ordered online, and because of the issues with not being sure whether MacMall is going to ship it and have it to me on Friday, I'm still teetering with cancelling the order, going to the store, buying it with my student discount and getting the free T-shirt.
Paolo
Sep 9, 08:07 AM
Apple is not falling behind!
Okay so there chip technology is a little below the bar of the other generic drones.
But everything else there doing is way ahead of everyone else.
Okay so there chip technology is a little below the bar of the other generic drones.
But everything else there doing is way ahead of everyone else.
more...
carrieann
May 5, 01:24 PM
I have a 750GB hard drive on my macbook pro (my only computer) with only 50GB remaining free. I have every photo on here, along with most of my HD video that I take with my camcorder. With just those two things alone, I have 200GB of photos and 350GB of video sitting on my laptop. I used to have an online backup (JungleDisk) that I was going to use for archiving my photos, but it wound up costing over $100/month for this because I have so many files. So now I'm looking for a new/better backup and archive solution.
My first option was to get an external drive, but in my past, I've had too many of those fail. So I'm nervous about archiving things there. If I did that, I'd want an external for archiving, a backup of my archive, and then another backup of my laptop. So that's THREE externals.
Anyone else have a better solution? All of the online file storage sites seem to be sync only... meaning if I delete the file from my computer, it's gone online, too. I can't find someone who also does archiving, and has a "reasonable" price for online storage/archiving for that much data.
I also upload all my photos to Flickr, but that's just the modified JPG's... I'd like to still hang on to all my RAW files!
What does everyone else do? I can't imagine how long it would take me to burn all these files onto DVD... and then what if the DVD gets scratched??
My first option was to get an external drive, but in my past, I've had too many of those fail. So I'm nervous about archiving things there. If I did that, I'd want an external for archiving, a backup of my archive, and then another backup of my laptop. So that's THREE externals.
Anyone else have a better solution? All of the online file storage sites seem to be sync only... meaning if I delete the file from my computer, it's gone online, too. I can't find someone who also does archiving, and has a "reasonable" price for online storage/archiving for that much data.
I also upload all my photos to Flickr, but that's just the modified JPG's... I'd like to still hang on to all my RAW files!
What does everyone else do? I can't imagine how long it would take me to burn all these files onto DVD... and then what if the DVD gets scratched??
sasasule
Mar 9, 10:29 AM
I'd suggest that you add some screenshots at every step, at least it'll be easier to follow and gives people reassurance that they're on the right track.
I agree on this one for fresh mac users picture can help me more then text :) but joke aside nice guide
I agree on this one for fresh mac users picture can help me more then text :) but joke aside nice guide
more...
job
Oct 23, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by idkew
i don't feel near as close to the "crew" as it seems that eye an v and jello... are.
you're not missing much... ;)
i don't feel near as close to the "crew" as it seems that eye an v and jello... are.
you're not missing much... ;)
furryrabidbunny
Sep 8, 09:54 PM
I didn't pay for the computer!!! it was given to me. I am giving the parents the eMac because xp is just a tad harder than os x ;) I also need a pc for a required computer class. I need to be able to take tests and stuff at home. I yes, I am going to switch back when the mac mini features a one of those intel mobile chips with low wattage.
Mr. Anderson
Sep 28, 05:02 PM
Or better yet, what do I do to keep people from viewing the directory if there isn't a index.html
D
D
Doctor Q
Apr 20, 03:26 PM
YouTube: video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0)
If you quote a post with a video it will automatically change to a link.
If you quote a post with a video it will automatically change to a link.
bousozoku
Mar 4, 06:23 PM
Concerned about my adoptive dad's memory loss, I started folding in 2002. I know that it won't help him but it might help the suffering of those who are caretakers and sufferers in the future.
We know so little about biology, so if this little bit helps, all the better.
We know so little about biology, so if this little bit helps, all the better.
Backtothemac
Feb 29, 04:51 PM
Yes, they all work. They are in great working order.
rorschach
Mar 24, 02:17 PM
Yes, it's possible that some major new features will be introduced between now and the final shipping version.
Leopard was first demoed in June shipped in October 2007. The revised Finder, new Dock and menubar weren't announced until June 2007...same for Stacks, Back To My Mac, Cover Flow, and Quick Look.
Leopard was first demoed in June shipped in October 2007. The revised Finder, new Dock and menubar weren't announced until June 2007...same for Stacks, Back To My Mac, Cover Flow, and Quick Look.
iManny
Jun 23, 05:29 PM
For the people planning on showing up at 2 am or 5 am or any time before 7 pretty much... is it because you don't have a reservations, or because you need to get your phone before work at 9? Or is it for any other reason? Do you not believe it will be possible to get a phone if you show up at say 7 or 8 am?
If I have a reservation and I show up at 8 am, do you think there will be a phone for me? Personally showing up at 8 am and waiting 3 hours would be much more pleasant than showing up at 4 am and waiting 3 hours and getting the first phone at 7.
Is it just because people need to have their phone at 7 am that they camp out, or because they are worried they will not otherwise get one?
I have a reservation but im doing it more for the fun of staying up, meeting a few new people and having the phone early so i can play with it all day and not worry :D
If I have a reservation and I show up at 8 am, do you think there will be a phone for me? Personally showing up at 8 am and waiting 3 hours would be much more pleasant than showing up at 4 am and waiting 3 hours and getting the first phone at 7.
Is it just because people need to have their phone at 7 am that they camp out, or because they are worried they will not otherwise get one?
I have a reservation but im doing it more for the fun of staying up, meeting a few new people and having the phone early so i can play with it all day and not worry :D


No comments:
Post a Comment