nrk
08-16 12:23 PM
approvals slowed down or what??.
i don't see one today.
i don't see one today.
wallpaper off the Hamptons home she
gcdreamer05
08-18 09:48 AM
Hi AndyCool,
How did you open Infopass on aug 5th, because once SR is created they say wait for 45 days before opening infopass, as in the page where we open infopass it asks for SR#?
Can you please share what option you selected in the web page when you tried to open a Infopass appointment.
Thanks
Dreamer05
Same here
SR: on Aug 02 ...Got a Reply wait for 60 Days case under review
Info pass on Aug 05 : Got Reply case with officer wait 30 Days
Just waiting ..GOD ....Give me Green :rolleyes:
How did you open Infopass on aug 5th, because once SR is created they say wait for 45 days before opening infopass, as in the page where we open infopass it asks for SR#?
Can you please share what option you selected in the web page when you tried to open a Infopass appointment.
Thanks
Dreamer05
Same here
SR: on Aug 02 ...Got a Reply wait for 60 Days case under review
Info pass on Aug 05 : Got Reply case with officer wait 30 Days
Just waiting ..GOD ....Give me Green :rolleyes:
tapsemi
05-27 07:37 PM
My priority date is current now and my company has already filed for my I-140. I have have two questions:
1) My wife converted from H4 to H1b last year end and she has not gone out of the country to get any H1b stamp. Will this complicate things? Does she need to go out to get a valid H1b stamp? In case of any trouble, will it be easy for us it she converts back to H4 again?
2) I saw that I485 processing times are taking about 6 months at the CA service center. Hence, under the current conditions, what is a better choice go: for Consular processing or Adjustment of Status? Thanks. :confused:
1) My wife converted from H4 to H1b last year end and she has not gone out of the country to get any H1b stamp. Will this complicate things? Does she need to go out to get a valid H1b stamp? In case of any trouble, will it be easy for us it she converts back to H4 again?
2) I saw that I485 processing times are taking about 6 months at the CA service center. Hence, under the current conditions, what is a better choice go: for Consular processing or Adjustment of Status? Thanks. :confused:
2011 Have a look at Jerry Seinfelds

lord_labaku
08-07 11:40 AM
Dude. I am US educated & EB2....1st I didnt understand what u were calling people for.
Man this is the story of the Indian crab in real life. If someone becomes eligible to interfile as EB2...why should you be against it?
I am totally against ur proposal...and am giving u red dots ok.
Sarve Jana sukhino bavanthu - Let everyone be content & happy.
Man this is the story of the Indian crab in real life. If someone becomes eligible to interfile as EB2...why should you be against it?
I am totally against ur proposal...and am giving u red dots ok.
Sarve Jana sukhino bavanthu - Let everyone be content & happy.
more...
jonty_11
06-21 02:22 PM
Let me help ArunANtonio here:
Here are links to similar discussions for the last week or so.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5392&highlight=working+couple
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4998&highlight=working+couple
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5341&highlight=working+couple
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5125&highlight=working+couple
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4974&highlight=working+couple
Here are links to similar discussions for the last week or so.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5392&highlight=working+couple
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4998&highlight=working+couple
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5341&highlight=working+couple
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5125&highlight=working+couple
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4974&highlight=working+couple
sc3
08-20 11:02 PM
I got 3 negs.. not that I care about the reputation system here... but it shows people are unwilling to confront me openly, and choose to hide even though this forum is already anonymous.
One neg says:
"old system - like we're going to let that happen. interfile if you can."
Why should I interfile? I am putting my energies into getting USCIS to follow the rules. It is the right thing to do, just because I am willing to wait for my turn, doesn't mean I will cede my position in the queue.
Also, I am trying to take recourse from the written laws, there is nothing that anyone can do (barring USCIS' own impediment to follow the law) to not "let that happen".
One neg says:
"old system - like we're going to let that happen. interfile if you can."
Why should I interfile? I am putting my energies into getting USCIS to follow the rules. It is the right thing to do, just because I am willing to wait for my turn, doesn't mean I will cede my position in the queue.
Also, I am trying to take recourse from the written laws, there is nothing that anyone can do (barring USCIS' own impediment to follow the law) to not "let that happen".
more...

vinayak2008
01-03 01:56 AM
Visa Interview on dec 18th at chennai consulate.PIMS checks took 8 working days.Passport received on Jan 3rd.
2010 to Jerry Seinfeld#39;s home
thakurrajiv
11-21 07:55 AM
I was asking for Ideas.. it is not just Kumar or some more people giving an idea that one should leave the house if the value of the house has gone down and now you have to move because of ur job and it is hard selling ur house where u may have to bear a loss ..
I already had conversation with american people ( not any desi's) in my office and they also had the same opinion as to leave a house if u have to leave because of job..
U tell me how wise it is to give a loan to a person without a down payment..The reason i said that other people are stupid is because.. i took an ARM loan of 5 years,, where i knew that i am not going to live in the house for more than 3 years and will later sell it..and there are people who knew that they are going to stay in the same house for more than their ARM period.. but didnt realize that they wont be able to make payment once the rate is re-adjusted.. i am calling those people's decision as stupid..
about me making a bad decision about buying a house.. well not 2 years ago..
i can sell the house for a loss of may be 20,000.. but why should i pay that money from my pocket.. i can keep that in my savings account and use it in my bad time..
Well you seem to have same attitude problem as others in this situation. When people were making profit they were thankful, and now banks/system is there to blame.
Let's see how you are not different from those "stupid" people. Keyword here is "greed". You got greedy and bought house bcoz it will appreciate. People who knew they will be living for more than 5 yrs got ARM bcoz they have to pay less/month(max. leverage), house will appreciate and/or they can refinance when time comes. Do you see any similarity ??? So please stop using derogatory words like "stupid". Banks were lending bcoz they were greedy. All the parties have one thing in common greed.
Ok, coming back to your case. I do not have any experience with foreclosure. From your post it seems like you are losing $20k. Well this does not seem a very big amount. Consider the impact of foreclosure, bad credit will mean you will not get any loan. It will be tough to get auto or any other credit. You carry risk with background checks. I think the lending standards will get tough going forward which means you don't know for how long you will not qualify for home. In my opinion, if you have 20k and it is matter of losing some savings, not going to foreclosure looks better option.
I hope you will learn to own up to your own mistakes, it will only make you better person in life. Good luck.
I already had conversation with american people ( not any desi's) in my office and they also had the same opinion as to leave a house if u have to leave because of job..
U tell me how wise it is to give a loan to a person without a down payment..The reason i said that other people are stupid is because.. i took an ARM loan of 5 years,, where i knew that i am not going to live in the house for more than 3 years and will later sell it..and there are people who knew that they are going to stay in the same house for more than their ARM period.. but didnt realize that they wont be able to make payment once the rate is re-adjusted.. i am calling those people's decision as stupid..
about me making a bad decision about buying a house.. well not 2 years ago..
i can sell the house for a loss of may be 20,000.. but why should i pay that money from my pocket.. i can keep that in my savings account and use it in my bad time..
Well you seem to have same attitude problem as others in this situation. When people were making profit they were thankful, and now banks/system is there to blame.
Let's see how you are not different from those "stupid" people. Keyword here is "greed". You got greedy and bought house bcoz it will appreciate. People who knew they will be living for more than 5 yrs got ARM bcoz they have to pay less/month(max. leverage), house will appreciate and/or they can refinance when time comes. Do you see any similarity ??? So please stop using derogatory words like "stupid". Banks were lending bcoz they were greedy. All the parties have one thing in common greed.
Ok, coming back to your case. I do not have any experience with foreclosure. From your post it seems like you are losing $20k. Well this does not seem a very big amount. Consider the impact of foreclosure, bad credit will mean you will not get any loan. It will be tough to get auto or any other credit. You carry risk with background checks. I think the lending standards will get tough going forward which means you don't know for how long you will not qualify for home. In my opinion, if you have 20k and it is matter of losing some savings, not going to foreclosure looks better option.
I hope you will learn to own up to your own mistakes, it will only make you better person in life. Good luck.
more...
chanduv23
07-11 07:28 AM
http://samachar.com/showurl.php?rurl=http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=14490148
Green card seekers take to 'Gandhigiri' in US
Wednesday, 11 July , 2007, 11:13
Washington: In an eloquent display of Gandhigiri, unhappy Indian green card seekers sent hundreds of flowers to the US immigration agency to protest a last minute reversal in policy that would impede their way to permanent residency.
Inspired by the hit Hindi movie Lage Raho Munnabhai that extolled Gandhian ways of non-violent protest, the green card applicants plan to send around a thousand flower deliveries to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director Emilio Gonzalez in a three-day campaign that started on Tuesday.
The protest followed the abrupt reversal last week of a June announcement offering expedited processing of green card petitions for thousands of skilled foreign professionals working under H1-B visas - reserved for skilled workers in computing, engineering and other special professions.
Thousands of such visa holders scrambled and spent money on lawyers and medical exams to beat the July 1 deadline for green card applications. The abrupt change sent them back to the queue for 2008.
Besides India, skilled workers from China, Poland and many other countries will now have to spend more time and money to get the coveted green cards - a halfway house to US citizenship.
"The idea is to push them to honour their earlier notification," said Aman Kapoor, founder of Immigration Voice, a forum that inspired the unusual protest.
Indians are the worst hit by country quota caps for immigration visas, which treat a billion strong India, boasting a highly skilled workforce, on par with a country like Trinidad and Tobago of one million souls, he said.
On its part, the USCIS response was equally pacific. It plans to forward the flowers to Walter Reed Army Medical Centre and Bethesda Naval Hospital in Washington, the main facilities treating US soldiers wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, said Gonzales in a statement on the agency website.
Green card seekers take to 'Gandhigiri' in US
Wednesday, 11 July , 2007, 11:13
Washington: In an eloquent display of Gandhigiri, unhappy Indian green card seekers sent hundreds of flowers to the US immigration agency to protest a last minute reversal in policy that would impede their way to permanent residency.
Inspired by the hit Hindi movie Lage Raho Munnabhai that extolled Gandhian ways of non-violent protest, the green card applicants plan to send around a thousand flower deliveries to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director Emilio Gonzalez in a three-day campaign that started on Tuesday.
The protest followed the abrupt reversal last week of a June announcement offering expedited processing of green card petitions for thousands of skilled foreign professionals working under H1-B visas - reserved for skilled workers in computing, engineering and other special professions.
Thousands of such visa holders scrambled and spent money on lawyers and medical exams to beat the July 1 deadline for green card applications. The abrupt change sent them back to the queue for 2008.
Besides India, skilled workers from China, Poland and many other countries will now have to spend more time and money to get the coveted green cards - a halfway house to US citizenship.
"The idea is to push them to honour their earlier notification," said Aman Kapoor, founder of Immigration Voice, a forum that inspired the unusual protest.
Indians are the worst hit by country quota caps for immigration visas, which treat a billion strong India, boasting a highly skilled workforce, on par with a country like Trinidad and Tobago of one million souls, he said.
On its part, the USCIS response was equally pacific. It plans to forward the flowers to Walter Reed Army Medical Centre and Bethesda Naval Hospital in Washington, the main facilities treating US soldiers wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, said Gonzales in a statement on the agency website.
hair Jerry Seinfeld
shouldIwait
05-09 08:55 PM
Calling IV admins to please block Mr. Hunter because he's trying to pick a fight which defeats the purpose of this forum. Moreover this forum isn't for anti-immigrants in any case.
To set the record straight.....Mr. Hunter should first learn English Grammar. It's "I have been" not "I has been". And yeah, don't get lost in statistics, just because laws in US are designed to encourage corporate fraud in variety of forms doesn't mean corruption is any less. The only difference is low grass-roots level corruption which is direct result of differences in population density.
To set the record straight.....Mr. Hunter should first learn English Grammar. It's "I have been" not "I has been". And yeah, don't get lost in statistics, just because laws in US are designed to encourage corporate fraud in variety of forms doesn't mean corruption is any less. The only difference is low grass-roots level corruption which is direct result of differences in population density.
more...
ski_dude12
09-27 04:35 PM
I received the cards today. However, the "Resident Since" date is some date in 2008 instead of 09/20/10 (date when I-485 was approved).
I was told by USCIS customer service to fill out form I-90 and mail it to them for a replacement.
I needed clarification on a cryptic question on the form-
Under Part 3 (Processing information)-
3: City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status
The I-90 instructions has this - "City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status - List the location of the U.S. Embassy or consulate or USCIS office where you filed your application for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status"
So does this mean it is the service center I applied to during the 2007 fiasco? or where I lived when I-485 was filed? The question is cryptic but the help in the I-90 instructions looks clear.
Any one had this issue before? They do have an option on the form for USCIS error for which I do not need to pay any processing fees...
I was told by USCIS customer service to fill out form I-90 and mail it to them for a replacement.
I needed clarification on a cryptic question on the form-
Under Part 3 (Processing information)-
3: City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status
The I-90 instructions has this - "City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status - List the location of the U.S. Embassy or consulate or USCIS office where you filed your application for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status"
So does this mean it is the service center I applied to during the 2007 fiasco? or where I lived when I-485 was filed? The question is cryptic but the help in the I-90 instructions looks clear.
Any one had this issue before? They do have an option on the form for USCIS error for which I do not need to pay any processing fees...
hot Jerry Seinfeld
purplehazea
05-04 06:57 PM
You can consult another attorney if your attorney is giving you this advice. As far as I know, since you have a valid H1B, you should be fine. I would recommend that you file for all your benefits together (485/EAD/AP)
- I am not an attorney so use my advice at your own risk.
- I am not an attorney so use my advice at your own risk.
more...
house William Perlman/The
priderock
06-18 10:25 AM
Hi everyone,
I have 2004 W2 but cant seem to find my tax return. I have 2003, 2005, 2006tax returns but not 2004. What can I do to get that return. Please any advice will be nice.
Thanks
My lawyer only asked for the W2 ans tax returns for the last two years. I think the latest two to three years shall be sufficient unless USCIS asks for all specifically.
Are there any instructions specifically asking for W2s and returns for all years of your stay ? or every one is including all they have just to be safe.
I have 2004 W2 but cant seem to find my tax return. I have 2003, 2005, 2006tax returns but not 2004. What can I do to get that return. Please any advice will be nice.
Thanks
My lawyer only asked for the W2 ans tax returns for the last two years. I think the latest two to three years shall be sufficient unless USCIS asks for all specifically.
Are there any instructions specifically asking for W2s and returns for all years of your stay ? or every one is including all they have just to be safe.
tattoo Jerry Seinfeld
Winner
09-10 12:04 PM
Got CPO email around 10.45 am today for both me and my wife. Big thanks to IV. Big thanks to Pappu, Jay, Aman, Anu ad all my wonderful IV friends. I will also continue supporting Iv and activities time to time.
Congratulations! You deserve it!
Thanks for all your efforts.
Congratulations! You deserve it!
Thanks for all your efforts.
more...
pictures Jerry Seinfeld
kshitijnt
07-13 02:25 PM
I am not sure about his public position about legal immigration but I think he made it difficult for immigrants (Legal and Illegal) to get driving permits in CA.
I have a CA driver license. Its not tough for legals. He only made it tough on illegals
I have a CA driver license. Its not tough for legals. He only made it tough on illegals
dresses The guy needs to be slapped
belmontboy
09-23 05:17 PM
I am sure they are PDs ..see sudden spike in mar 2005. If it was ND or RD you would see that spike in Jul - sep 2007
they are RD's not PD's
IF they were PD's we shouldnot be seeing anything after Jul 2007 [as those were the farthest PD's ever reached].
they are RD's not PD's
IF they were PD's we shouldnot be seeing anything after Jul 2007 [as those were the farthest PD's ever reached].
more...
makeup 5) Jerry Seinfeld#39;s Hampton
samcam
06-29 07:02 PM
Folks, first of all don't try to slam me for posting this.. Here is a note that I got from my law firm Paul Hastings.. I am subscribed to their immigration related email.. I got this today.. While this has come as a shock to me, they are still preparing to file my I485.. I did not hear this from my lawyer personally, but only through this newsletter. I will speak to them about this first thing monday morning. Please read the note entirely.. Has anybody else heard about this..
Update on Adjustment Filings for July
Yesterday, we distributed a Client Alert reporting widespread concern as to the accuracy of the Department of State's (DOS) Visa Bulletin for July 2007 and indicating the possibility that United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may potentially not accept adjustment of status filings for all, or a part, of July. Today, multiple reliable sources have indicated that, as early as Monday or Tuesday of next week, the DOS could issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007. Most likely, some or all of the employment-based immigrant visa categories would again retrogress and may become completely unavailable. The practical impact is that USCIS would almost certainly stop accepting adjustment applications for filing if the revised Visa Bulletin indicates that immigrant visa numbers are not available.
This unexpected development would deviate from many years of agency practice. It would be devastating for companies and foreign national employees who have relied, as they are entitled to do, on the July Visa Bulletin and were anticipating the filing of adjustments throughout the month of July. We have initiated a concerted effort to aggressively address this unprecedented situation through the highest levels of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the DOS. We are joined in this effort by many other organizations, and we are engaging congressional offices for assistance. Many have already agreed to speak with DHS and DOS. We will keep you updated.
Update on Adjustment Filings for July
Yesterday, we distributed a Client Alert reporting widespread concern as to the accuracy of the Department of State's (DOS) Visa Bulletin for July 2007 and indicating the possibility that United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may potentially not accept adjustment of status filings for all, or a part, of July. Today, multiple reliable sources have indicated that, as early as Monday or Tuesday of next week, the DOS could issue a revised Visa Bulletin for July 2007. Most likely, some or all of the employment-based immigrant visa categories would again retrogress and may become completely unavailable. The practical impact is that USCIS would almost certainly stop accepting adjustment applications for filing if the revised Visa Bulletin indicates that immigrant visa numbers are not available.
This unexpected development would deviate from many years of agency practice. It would be devastating for companies and foreign national employees who have relied, as they are entitled to do, on the July Visa Bulletin and were anticipating the filing of adjustments throughout the month of July. We have initiated a concerted effort to aggressively address this unprecedented situation through the highest levels of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the DOS. We are joined in this effort by many other organizations, and we are engaging congressional offices for assistance. Many have already agreed to speak with DHS and DOS. We will keep you updated.
girlfriend Jerry Seinfeld amp; Paul
bomber
06-29 07:15 PM
WEDNESDAY - Suspended I-140 PPS anticipating huge demand from people
for whom the visa numbers would be available - FACT!!
FRIDAY - Allowed doctors from "any area" - FACT!!
MONDAY - We won't accept any applications?????? ----RUMOUR
they don't add up
I was thinking on the same line. Why to wait at the last moment and that too when today they allowed the medical examinations to be done outside the local area. I guess, time to chill out, have some beer (i'm already having) and worry on monday. We anyway can't do anything about it on sat-sun.
for whom the visa numbers would be available - FACT!!
FRIDAY - Allowed doctors from "any area" - FACT!!
MONDAY - We won't accept any applications?????? ----RUMOUR
they don't add up
I was thinking on the same line. Why to wait at the last moment and that too when today they allowed the medical examinations to be done outside the local area. I guess, time to chill out, have some beer (i'm already having) and worry on monday. We anyway can't do anything about it on sat-sun.
hairstyles at the Hamptons house
sravani
05-16 08:30 PM
Hi,
I'm in trouble situation, maybe somebody can give advice.
I can file I-485(Eb3 March 2005). But my wife & daugther basically out of status. Their H4 visas were not extended.
Before june bulletin I was thinking to go back home with my daughter (she is under 18) and try to get visa in consulate. It was attorney advice. Also he suggest to file for an asylym for my wife.
Now I'm going to file I-485 for whole family regardless what attorney will tell me.
Is it good idea to go directly to uscis office and ask them (can I file)?
And what will happen if their apps gets denied?
Any ideas?
I think in your case the best thing is to go out of country with your wife and daughter, get their passports stamped, reenter us and apply 485 with the new I-94.
This is what I think, but I am no expert...
I'm in trouble situation, maybe somebody can give advice.
I can file I-485(Eb3 March 2005). But my wife & daugther basically out of status. Their H4 visas were not extended.
Before june bulletin I was thinking to go back home with my daughter (she is under 18) and try to get visa in consulate. It was attorney advice. Also he suggest to file for an asylym for my wife.
Now I'm going to file I-485 for whole family regardless what attorney will tell me.
Is it good idea to go directly to uscis office and ask them (can I file)?
And what will happen if their apps gets denied?
Any ideas?
I think in your case the best thing is to go out of country with your wife and daughter, get their passports stamped, reenter us and apply 485 with the new I-94.
This is what I think, but I am no expert...
chantu
09-09 03:02 PM
Called all congressmen including Steve King and asked them to support the bill. All of them said that they will pass on this message.
Rep. Tom Feeney office said that they are not yet decided but will surely pass on this msg.
Rep. Steve Chabot office said that they are aware of this bill coming in next few days (?), I told them it is coming tomm. He said he will pass on my msg
Rep. Louie Gohmert, Rep. Betty Sutton, Rep. Debbie Schultz took my name, address and said that they will pass on this msg.
Rest all Reps, just said that they will pass on this msg.
Thank you.
Rep. Tom Feeney office said that they are not yet decided but will surely pass on this msg.
Rep. Steve Chabot office said that they are aware of this bill coming in next few days (?), I told them it is coming tomm. He said he will pass on my msg
Rep. Louie Gohmert, Rep. Betty Sutton, Rep. Debbie Schultz took my name, address and said that they will pass on this msg.
Rest all Reps, just said that they will pass on this msg.
Thank you.
ItIsNotFunny
01-15 01:27 PM
IV members, Please go to chnage.gov and vote for my idea. No one has gone and voted up for this yet. Wakeup please. Go and vote for a good cause.
I thinks its a better idea to post URL for your idea.
I thinks its a better idea to post URL for your idea.


No comments:
Post a Comment