baburob2
01-10 07:17 PM
also very recently a new bill has been drafted. but i don't have more info. A gist of it is:
Republican Senate candidate David Kramer on Monday proposed an immigration reform plan that opens the door to legal status for illegal workers who have been in the United States for five years or more.
For more details look at the below url
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/01/09/nebraska/doc43c29737b68d6696911913.txt
Republican Senate candidate David Kramer on Monday proposed an immigration reform plan that opens the door to legal status for illegal workers who have been in the United States for five years or more.
For more details look at the below url
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/01/09/nebraska/doc43c29737b68d6696911913.txt
wallpaper 4pins cpu fan NOTEBOOK
gdhiren
07-12 03:04 PM
Although much older anouncements and news are still there.
Apparently they want everybody to forget about this ASAP, let alone attract any further interest or god forbid inquiries. I don't know who in the world can still beleive that they are a "service" and we are "customers".
I pity Gonzales now, may be Chertoff called him up and said why on the earth is he responding to flower campaign? Or may be Walter Reed Soldiers refused to accept mourning flowers. LOL....
I smell something fishy... is it just me???
Apparently they want everybody to forget about this ASAP, let alone attract any further interest or god forbid inquiries. I don't know who in the world can still beleive that they are a "service" and we are "customers".
I pity Gonzales now, may be Chertoff called him up and said why on the earth is he responding to flower campaign? Or may be Walter Reed Soldiers refused to accept mourning flowers. LOL....
I smell something fishy... is it just me???
usertt123
02-28 02:58 PM
I agree calabor well said ;), but realy its frustrating when you have a family to look after and a house. The worst thing is no one is accountable for this mess. Specialy when you have been in US for such a long time.
Veeru123, so in your case did you call DOS and then things worked out or consulate themselves send you the email/passport on 25th. Let me also know is it an automated response system at DOS or we have to speak to someone and give our EAC# as case reference. Your advice would be of great help.
Veeru123, so in your case did you call DOS and then things worked out or consulate themselves send you the email/passport on 25th. Let me also know is it an automated response system at DOS or we have to speak to someone and give our EAC# as case reference. Your advice would be of great help.
2011 compaq presario 1200 celeron
gc_chahiye
06-24 07:25 PM
Can you add a dependent after your 485 is approved?
my lawyer said yes, the important things are that:
1. you must be married before teh I-485 is approved; otherwise the dependent needs to be sponsored under family petition etc. However note that in this case the dependent would be starting his/her I-485 at that point (when you are already approved) so will 'catch up' to approval later (and if dates retrogress, then the dependent is 'stuck' longer, without GC, while you will have your GC and all related benefits (ability to stop working, change types of work etc))
2. the date needs to be current for the dependent to file, but the fact that you got approved means that your PD is current (as you can only get approved when your PD is current)
Also, if I become a beneficiary on my wife's application, will I be able to maintain my H-1 status, and keep on renewing it?
yes you can continue on your H1
My wife and I are now leaning towards independent filing, with no beneficiary for now.
we are still undecided, same boat. Warnings from some attorneys (as Pappu has pointed out above) are making us think of filing independently, with teh risk that one person gets GC first and the other would than tag along maybe an year or whatever late depending on how dates move/stay.
what do your lawyers say about multiple 485 filings?
my lawyer said yes, the important things are that:
1. you must be married before teh I-485 is approved; otherwise the dependent needs to be sponsored under family petition etc. However note that in this case the dependent would be starting his/her I-485 at that point (when you are already approved) so will 'catch up' to approval later (and if dates retrogress, then the dependent is 'stuck' longer, without GC, while you will have your GC and all related benefits (ability to stop working, change types of work etc))
2. the date needs to be current for the dependent to file, but the fact that you got approved means that your PD is current (as you can only get approved when your PD is current)
Also, if I become a beneficiary on my wife's application, will I be able to maintain my H-1 status, and keep on renewing it?
yes you can continue on your H1
My wife and I are now leaning towards independent filing, with no beneficiary for now.
we are still undecided, same boat. Warnings from some attorneys (as Pappu has pointed out above) are making us think of filing independently, with teh risk that one person gets GC first and the other would than tag along maybe an year or whatever late depending on how dates move/stay.
what do your lawyers say about multiple 485 filings?
more...
gc_on_demand
09-16 11:14 AM
People are counting quota , no of visa available etc.. H1b denied.. Fight for Eb2 vs Eb3 , interfilling. and we have what less than 24 hour for our fate.
Please focus on this thread and call call call ... untill u get success.
Please focus on this thread and call call call ... untill u get success.
keshtwo
07-13 01:51 PM
Jeez,
This guy has moved from an anti H1 visa platform to an anti-India platform. This is bordering on racism. And no one saying anything. Wonder what all this is leading to.
People must remember that all of them are immigrants or descendants of immigrants.
This guy has moved from an anti H1 visa platform to an anti-India platform. This is bordering on racism. And no one saying anything. Wonder what all this is leading to.
People must remember that all of them are immigrants or descendants of immigrants.
more...
ksam75
06-29 06:17 PM
I can't believe this is happening to me. My priority date became current as of June1. My attorney has sent my wife's petition to Chicago instead of NSC. He got the petition returned this afternoon. I got my I485 approved on June 25. My wife is currently out of status. If the rumor is true, I'll be totally screwed. After 10 years in this country, a dumb mistake pretty much ruined my life.
2010 HP Compaq Presario S5000
aquarianf
06-15 12:29 PM
I am speaking from experience. Download the forms needed for filing 485, EAD and AP. Then when your attorney send you his/her set ( normally they do this in 2 stages - one they will send you a draft copy to verify and correct all info - some have online questionnaire; stage two - they send the final forms for you to verify and sign again - this they may do paper copy or online PDF - that cannot be edited - not fill able forms).
So, here I am providing links to all forms that I know are needed. These from uscis.gov site are fill able. Weekend is coming. Fill them, and print and keep them.
When attorney sends papers, compare yours with their and do corrections in theirs ( usually it will have stamps of the firm)
Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status - I-485
Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status - I-693
There is a supplemental 693 also for vaccination records.
Biographic Information - I-325 A
There are A, B, C and other versions. I filled A
Application for Employment Authorization - I-765
Application for Travel Document - I-131
Affidavit of Support - I-134
I completed all these forms with 100% correct info- still the Paralegal - made mistakes again and again ( I can't correct the PDF as Adobe PDF writer is 1800 USD). I lost ONE precious week. Hoping to file on 06/01/2007, filed on 06/08. Learn and be wiser from experience, yours and others.
__________________
We Are Legal Aliens, Legal Aliens on a path to become Legal Permanent Residents and ultimately citizens. Let's stop calling ourselves H1B high tech temp workers - and I changed my signature in the morning of one fine day when all dates became current
That's a great advice. Thanks.
So, here I am providing links to all forms that I know are needed. These from uscis.gov site are fill able. Weekend is coming. Fill them, and print and keep them.
When attorney sends papers, compare yours with their and do corrections in theirs ( usually it will have stamps of the firm)
Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status - I-485
Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status - I-693
There is a supplemental 693 also for vaccination records.
Biographic Information - I-325 A
There are A, B, C and other versions. I filled A
Application for Employment Authorization - I-765
Application for Travel Document - I-131
Affidavit of Support - I-134
I completed all these forms with 100% correct info- still the Paralegal - made mistakes again and again ( I can't correct the PDF as Adobe PDF writer is 1800 USD). I lost ONE precious week. Hoping to file on 06/01/2007, filed on 06/08. Learn and be wiser from experience, yours and others.
__________________
We Are Legal Aliens, Legal Aliens on a path to become Legal Permanent Residents and ultimately citizens. Let's stop calling ourselves H1B high tech temp workers - and I changed my signature in the morning of one fine day when all dates became current
That's a great advice. Thanks.
more...
Kalpen
06-20 09:31 AM
Hi,
I am filing up form 485 and on Part 3 Section - Processing Information, there is a question asking for Nonimmigrant Visa Number.
Any clue about this?
Thanks in advance,
Kalpen
I am filing up form 485 and on Part 3 Section - Processing Information, there is a question asking for Nonimmigrant Visa Number.
Any clue about this?
Thanks in advance,
Kalpen
hair Dv6 Compaq Presario Cq40
GreenCard4US
07-13 11:01 PM
When IV can force CIS to change thier stand and listen, we can surely take this guy to task. Please come up with some plan. This guy is poisoning the minds of the American public with "Cock and Bull" facts, it's time he is put in his rightful place.
more...
ajay
01-18 11:30 AM
I voted for Citizenship if you have lived legally in this Country for 10 years continuously, although I will be completing my 10 years next year only. Good luck to all those aspiring this.
hot Compaq Presario B3800 Battery
gc_us
09-18 12:09 AM
Happy for those who go the receipts notice.
Mine was signed by J. Barrett on July 2nd @ 10:25 AM and got no update so far.
Tried calling USCIS they don't answer properly.
Lawyers saying can't do anything but wait and watch.
Any idea after 90 days if it's still not in their system then what to do
Mine was signed by J. Barrett on July 2nd @ 10:25 AM and got no update so far.
Tried calling USCIS they don't answer properly.
Lawyers saying can't do anything but wait and watch.
Any idea after 90 days if it's still not in their system then what to do
more...
house Compaq Presario CQ45-320TX
kuhelica2000
11-25 04:36 PM
Well, whether a merchandise can be returned after using, depands on the nature of the merchandise and the level of customer service provided by the seller.
If you are buying a TV or a home theater, you don't know if it is functioning properly until you use it. And returning it within stipulated "return period" is not only legal but also ethical.
Some high-end sellers will even guarantee customer satisfaction by allowing a return any time, yes any time if the customer is not fully satisfied with their product. There is nothing unethical about this. That is why these high-end stores charge you a premium in the first place.
Not allowing return of merchandise reflects the low level of customer service we used to get back home. Obviously that level of service expectaion has been engrained in us so much that we believe returning used merchandise, even when the customer is not satisfied, is unethical.
Your option? Stay put! Keep paying your montly obligations! Or sell now if you want, and take the 20G hit.
Foreclosing when you are not in a financial stress in NOT an option. Get it?
Now that you have your option, go learn how to be a grown up!
And now that you also know returning used merchandise is fraud, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to change your ways?
If you are buying a TV or a home theater, you don't know if it is functioning properly until you use it. And returning it within stipulated "return period" is not only legal but also ethical.
Some high-end sellers will even guarantee customer satisfaction by allowing a return any time, yes any time if the customer is not fully satisfied with their product. There is nothing unethical about this. That is why these high-end stores charge you a premium in the first place.
Not allowing return of merchandise reflects the low level of customer service we used to get back home. Obviously that level of service expectaion has been engrained in us so much that we believe returning used merchandise, even when the customer is not satisfied, is unethical.
Your option? Stay put! Keep paying your montly obligations! Or sell now if you want, and take the 20G hit.
Foreclosing when you are not in a financial stress in NOT an option. Get it?
Now that you have your option, go learn how to be a grown up!
And now that you also know returning used merchandise is fraud, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to change your ways?
tattoo ac97 compaq presario
nojoke
11-20 10:28 PM
When you buy a home you sign a contract saying you will pay the loan amount at the end of the loan term with interest. There was a commitment made. And you are saying people who walk away without fulfilling their obligation are smart? Fool!
And who do you think is footing the bill for bailing out those banks? its you and me! You are not only not honest and ethical, you must be really dumb if you think you are not going to be paying for the mistakes of people like punjabi when they "walk away" from their homes!
Thank you.
These guys have jacked up the price insane and out of reach of most folks who want to buy because they got greedy and wanted to make profit. There are few on this forum who have been advising to go and buy house at this time. :mad:
For 'punjabi77' it is always others fault that they got into this mess. :mad: 'If the house didn't appreciate like I thought then it is the others mistake that it is making me go into foreclosure and if the housing had gone up and I made 200K profit, I am a smart man' :confused::confused:
And who do you think is footing the bill for bailing out those banks? its you and me! You are not only not honest and ethical, you must be really dumb if you think you are not going to be paying for the mistakes of people like punjabi when they "walk away" from their homes!
Thank you.
These guys have jacked up the price insane and out of reach of most folks who want to buy because they got greedy and wanted to make profit. There are few on this forum who have been advising to go and buy house at this time. :mad:
For 'punjabi77' it is always others fault that they got into this mess. :mad: 'If the house didn't appreciate like I thought then it is the others mistake that it is making me go into foreclosure and if the housing had gone up and I made 200K profit, I am a smart man' :confused::confused:
more...
pictures NEW Compaq C700 C700T HP G7000
meridiani.planum
06-10 05:16 AM
I am also from India but the point I am discussing here is clearly a violation of law by Outsourcing vendors including IBM (not just Indian companies), TCS, Wipro etc. I work for a medium size consulting firm based in US and on H1 visa ...and I am impacted by these violations and I think I have the right to oppose this act.... to prove my identity shud I tell you my stories in Chennai consulate... or shud I tell u abt my days in b'lore or shud I tell you all abt my 24 years in India.. you can decide :-).
thats not enough. To prove you are an Indian answer the following 2 questions:
- which famous leg-spinner in the world has troubled batsmen all over, but reportedly has nightmares about bowling to Tendliya.
- since you claim to be from Bangalore, name a popular watering-hole on residency road (clue: Hendrix)
thats not enough. To prove you are an Indian answer the following 2 questions:
- which famous leg-spinner in the world has troubled batsmen all over, but reportedly has nightmares about bowling to Tendliya.
- since you claim to be from Bangalore, name a popular watering-hole on residency road (clue: Hendrix)
dresses Windows XP running on the Compaq Presario 5365. Apr 25, 2009 9:02 AM
gc_check
02-24 12:06 PM
Draft Text of the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 (Chairman Specter�s Mark)
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=18639
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=18639
more...
makeup Xp Driver Sl C700
gc_dedo
09-09 07:57 PM
Is anyone sending emails as well or is it only calls?
Where do we have the email addresses?
Where do we have the email addresses?
girlfriend HP G6062EM Notebook PC
newtoearth
05-10 08:59 PM
....
hairstyles It#39;s a Compaq Presario
glus
01-16 09:59 AM
If you entered on AP and your I485 is pending, you cannot fell out-of-status as you are being considered in "Adjustment of status" status. This is somehow a special kind of a status. The only problem one may have is if the I-485 is denied for any reason. At that point you fell out of status. That's the reason many choose to enter on h1 instead AP. Then, even if I485 is denied, a person who entered on H1 is still in H1 legal status. Hence, it is generally advisable to enter and maintain an non-immigrant status while i485 is pending.
Regards,
I am not an attorney. If you need a legal advise, seek an immigration attorney.
Regards,
I am not an attorney. If you need a legal advise, seek an immigration attorney.
saimrathi
07-09 06:45 PM
:d
sri1309
08-23 07:24 AM
Guys,
I am not sure what others are doing, but as somebody said a flower campaign to the guys who support us may go against us, but I think that shoudl be sent to those who dont support.
I have written twice in the last week and today I am sending cards with a letter.
One simple way of sending very short messages is "I am EB3-India and due to to non-availablility of visas, I am going back to INdia". And tell your qualifications. This is the same story even with PhD holders in US whose job desc doesnt qulaify for EB2 or EB1. No offense any others, as I know many others got experience while some got education.
This is in fact true with 5 of my friends who left in 2007 just before that visa bulletin. They had good offers and they did not want to wait for the US GC.
Just send the loud message" UNLESS YOU DO SOMETHING, WE ARE GOING BACK.". Send the message in different ways.
And ofcors good to meet personally.
Sri.
I am not sure what others are doing, but as somebody said a flower campaign to the guys who support us may go against us, but I think that shoudl be sent to those who dont support.
I have written twice in the last week and today I am sending cards with a letter.
One simple way of sending very short messages is "I am EB3-India and due to to non-availablility of visas, I am going back to INdia". And tell your qualifications. This is the same story even with PhD holders in US whose job desc doesnt qulaify for EB2 or EB1. No offense any others, as I know many others got experience while some got education.
This is in fact true with 5 of my friends who left in 2007 just before that visa bulletin. They had good offers and they did not want to wait for the US GC.
Just send the loud message" UNLESS YOU DO SOMETHING, WE ARE GOING BACK.". Send the message in different ways.
And ofcors good to meet personally.
Sri.


No comments:
Post a Comment